To ask you please to check the batches on your cat's food

(13 Posts)
SerendipitySunshine Tue 22-Jun-21 09:19:44

www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/cheshire-vets-warning-cat-owners-20863446

OP’s posts: |
SerendipitySunshine Tue 22-Jun-21 09:21:09

Sorry, I'm all fingers and thumbs today so posted that too soon (I am shaking about this - we have fed the affected batches and I am taking ours to the vets today to be checked over). Why is this not everywhere? So many of us are cat lovers - how is this message not getting out there?

TheQueef Tue 22-Jun-21 09:22:20

Is it still just Sainsbury and Applaws brands affected?

AdelindSchade Tue 22-Jun-21 09:26:17

How very sad for the people in that article. I hope your cat is ok OP what a worry.

SerendipitySunshine Tue 22-Jun-21 09:29:09

And AVA, the Pets at Home own brand.

dementedpixie Tue 22-Jun-21 12:04:28

There's a few threads about this already. Apparently Wilko have also recalled some of their own brand dry food too

ScottishNewbie Tue 22-Jun-21 13:40:28

Does anyone know how long symptoms take? My boys ate a bag of Applaws in March and April. They seem okay, but I'm terrified

Advertisement

SerendipitySunshine Tue 22-Jun-21 19:43:22

I think you'd know by now - it seems to have been quite sudden for most cats. Fingers crossed for your beautiful cats.

ScottishNewbie Tue 22-Jun-21 20:10:45

SerendipitySunshine

I think you'd know by now - it seems to have been quite sudden for most cats. Fingers crossed for your beautiful cats.

Thank you so much.

I phoned the vet and he said that from what he's seen, it's an accumulative affect, so cats that eat the food as their regular diet, rather than as a one off bag.
He also said the first thing they are checking is gum and nose colour.
Mine are booked in Thursday but this is just such a horrible situation for everyone.

SerendipitySunshine Wed 23-Jun-21 09:41:50

Fingers crossed.

We are awaiting our results.

AdelindSchade Wed 23-Jun-21 10:23:18

It's just been on This Morning.

SerendipitySunshine Wed 23-Jun-21 11:31:52

What did they say?

Oldraver Thu 24-Jun-21 21:00:50

Cols lady bag was delivered 19th March and used straight away . We had had difficulty getting it probably as they switched to Folds Hill. He died 14th May

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in