Cat scared me to death - happy ending

(5 Posts)
Northernlurker Mon 21-Jun-21 08:55:27

So our cat is 12 and very local to our garden and next doors garden, she always comes if called. Comes in overnight though her catflap is open and is limited to the kitchen or she miaows outsider door.

Last night going to bed at midnight she is not in the house, called and no cat appears. This upset me a bit but it's not totally unusual. Checked a couple of wardrobes etc and went to bed.

This morning I get up and kitchen empty and worse her food from last night is untouched. This is unheard of.

I text neighbour, she loves going in her house but neighbour is very careful. Still I thought she must be there. Hour goes by and then neighbour texts back, no cat in house! I totally lost it at that point. If she was ok she would have come home.

I go to wake up dd2, I'm in floods re cat. Dh follows, goes to draw her curtains. He sees neighbour going out to her shed. Then talking to her shed. Then gesturing in it. Then our cat emerges!

Cat comes home and eats ravenously then goes out to pee on my roses which I will allow today. Neighbour is mortified and planning in depth sweep of whole house and shed every night. I have had huge breakfast to get over trauma!

Bloody animals grin

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Mon 21-Jun-21 11:05:27

Phew! What a relief.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 21-Jun-21 11:06:02

My friends cat went AWOL, turned out she'd snuck into the garage behind him!

FricasseeTurnips Mon 21-Jun-21 11:11:49

One of our cats does this - sneaks into the shed, climbs up into the eaves and has a lovely nap balanced somewhere she cannot be seen, even if you get on the step ladder. If you call her, she won't move an inch, because she's having a nap and how very dare you disturb her etc.

Then at some point she'll finish arsing about and decide she wants out of the shed and if we've dared to assume that she's not in there because she hasn't come when she was called and locked her in - well she's right on the phone to the RSPCA hmm grin

Northernlurker Mon 21-Jun-21 11:27:53

She's been very affectionate. Silly arse.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in