Talk

Advanced search

Kitten not eating - advice please!

(3 Posts)
miccoops Sat 02-Jan-21 13:23:04

Hi all
My 16 weeks old kitten (Pepper) hasn’t eaten today. She is playing and running around and driving our older cat Leo crazy as per usual. She ate fine yesterday and had a small amount of cooked beef steak in the evening yesterday that she loved. I’ve tried wet and dry food, warming her wet food up with no interest. I just tried some canned tuna but again no interest along with some
small bits of plain cooked chicken but nothing. We had this when she first came to us and she has an infection but was totally lethargic and clearly unwell. She isn’t behaving like that and has lots of energy and is alert and seems well. She used her littertray overnight and her poop was solid. Any thoughts? Is it too soon to ring the vet? I do tend to be a worrier.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 02-Jan-21 13:30:18

They can have varying appetites. Can you leave the food out and see if they come back to it later

miccoops Sat 02-Jan-21 13:33:13

dementedpixie

They can have varying appetites. Can you leave the food out and see if they come back to it later

Yep I leave biscuits down all day which she’ll usually graze at. Can’t leave wet food down or Leo will just wolf it down. He’s a food monster! I might pop her in her room with some biscuits and tuna down and no distractions, Leo won’t be able to get to it either.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in