Talk

Advanced search

My cat ate my paté!

(15 Posts)
darumakaone Mon 09-Nov-20 19:59:15

To be fair I left the lid off unattended briefly. So I gave him some of the rest as he'd licked it thoroughly.

Is paté is ok for cats? I didn't think about this until after he'd scoffed it all down and slinked off. It will definitely NOT be a regular cat food.

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Mon 09-Nov-20 20:09:49

The onions could be a problem, most pate has onion/garlic in it.

darumakaone Mon 09-Nov-20 22:29:33

Oh dear sad he's disappeared for now. Are onions really bad for cats? It didn't say onions in it. Hopefully he will be ok

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 10-Nov-20 07:51:36

It’s all bulb plants from onions, chives through to lilies and tulips. How is he this morning?.

Mine pinched cheese with chives once and it didn’t stay down long.

darumakaone Tue 10-Nov-20 13:42:59

He seems fine this morning, I'm hoping he was sick and got it up.

I'll keep an eye on him

TheSecondMrsAshwell Tue 10-Nov-20 17:28:42

Ashycat did this earlier in the year. I wasn't expecting her to go stark staring bonkers over it. It was like trying to hold back a large jelly with one hand. She ate more than was good for her (like a small bit of it).

She was fine. But then she eats tomato and onion sauce. With garlic.

LST Tue 10-Nov-20 17:38:00

My cat ate 3 onion rings once. I wouldn't worry too much. He was fine (I didn't give him the onion rings)

darumakaone Tue 10-Nov-20 18:26:18

He did eat a lot of pâté, I'm worried about the amount of vitamin A in it too. As it's just a one off and he seems fine though I'm optimistic. I'll just need to be more vigilant in future!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 10-Nov-20 18:55:15

As we went to leave with our departed Bengal boy the breeders son told dh never leave food out in the haunted tone of one who has learnt the hard way never to leave food unattended.

NeutralJanet Tue 10-Nov-20 18:57:15

My daft cat ate a sour cream and chive dip that had been left out. She was fine, can't have been that much chive in it.

borntobequiet Tue 10-Nov-20 19:00:16

My cat likes cake and if I put a freshly baked one to cool on the worktop she will lick the top off, so I have to hide them in the microwave.

MrMeSeeks Tue 10-Nov-20 19:21:46

My One old lad has had pate, he’s also had his fair share of garlic hmm
He's reached a very very old age and it’s not done him any harm!
His departed elderly brother Neither wink
I wouldn’t worry!

darumakaone Tue 10-Nov-20 21:23:32

Thank you for replies everyone.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 10-Nov-20 21:28:48

Last thing the world needs is cats who eat pate because you know they’ll insist on Bath Oliver biscuits while you use own brand water biscuits.

PoltergeistPirates Tue 10-Nov-20 21:39:55

This is the animal equivalent of the husband who found and ate the delicious yet slightly unusual scotch egg in the fridge. It turned out to be a fat ball for the birds.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in