Talk

Advanced search

Conjunctivitis?

(6 Posts)
FenellaVelour Sat 07-Nov-20 13:30:12

Hi all. I’ve a four month old kitten, Rory, who is a Siamese cross breed. Over the last couple of days his eyes have been a little crusty, we have bathed them and cleaned them with warm water and cotton wool. It’s not getting massively better - today the left eye is a little pink and the gunk has spread across the lower eyelid.

Our vets are doing emergencies only at the minute, I’ll email them this photo, but does it look like they could tell what’s going on from this?

He’s not rubbing his eyes etc, seems otherwise fine.

OP’s posts: |
Prestel Sat 07-Nov-20 16:08:39

Eye problems can be an emergency, so hopefully you will get an appointment to check it out as they will want to do a proper examination, rather than just look at a photo to rule out anything serious, though it will hopefully just be conjunctivitis or a bit of a cold and just need some drops.

nomorespaghetti Sun 08-Nov-20 11:44:34

Definitely try to get him in. I’m sure they’ll have no problem seeing him. My cat boy has had so many eye problems recently! It could be conjunctivitis, or a scratch, or even an ulcer. The vet will use a yellow dye in his eye to check for scratches/ulcers. We’ve dealt with all of the above just since august! All required drops.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 08-Nov-20 15:39:48

One of mine gets it all the time. I tried to get drops on repeat prescription. But they want to see her each time. I realised that the drops they gave were the exact same stuff we use on children at work. So I buy it over the counter now. I have to make up a story about a non existent child having it though!

FenellaVelour Mon 09-Nov-20 15:57:34

Thanks... Yes it’s conjunctivitis which the vet thinks is viral, chest is clear. Got Fucithalmic eye drops and a short course of metacam. Hopefully that will sort it!

OP’s posts: |
Prestel Mon 09-Nov-20 17:18:01

I'm sure it will do the trick. Good luck with getting the eye drops in. You're in for some fun smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in