Talk

Advanced search

Cleaner fed the kitten a bowl of dreamies

(5 Posts)
ifiwasascent Sat 31-Oct-20 15:42:09

I think he's fine but my DH is worried sick so asked me to ask the wise people from the litter tray as you've helped us quite a few times with Basil before. Our cleaner came today and we left her alone with Basil whose 13 weeks- they've met a few times and are comfortable around each other. We said if he escapes tap his treat jar with a spoon and hel come running. We got hone to find his bowl with about 20 dreamies in so she's obviously gotten confussed and thought she was being nice but actually fed him god knows how many dreamies- he loves these so for him to of left so many there must of been loads in there! He's had a bad belly and is on a special diet atm but has gotten better over the past week but he's had no dreamies for about 2 weeks! Will he be okay or can you have a dreamie overdose?? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
thecatneuterer Sat 31-Oct-20 15:47:28

He'll be fine. It might give him the squits, it might not. It may though mean that he'll sulk every time his meal isn't a bowl full of dreamies.

Terrace58 Sat 31-Oct-20 15:50:41

Plenty of cats have been over fed treats. It’s really just a problem with weight gain and a kitten will probably just burn off a one time indulgence.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 31-Oct-20 15:51:47

He will live. He’ll be forever disappointed that every meal isn’t dreamies though.

sunshinesheila Sat 31-Oct-20 15:53:41

He will just be like a kid who has had sweets for lunch. No harm done as a one off

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in