Talk

Advanced search

Sheepskin rugs

(6 Posts)
Cloudtraffic Thu 29-Oct-20 22:41:16

Ashamed that not noticed til today lifted the rug up today (down for about a year) ... no other way to say this bit it was (underneath) soaked in cat piss.

We’d not smelt it (assume soaked through to hide) but it was literally dripping underneath.

Lots of questions re cats (2 - m/f both neutered and not in prime - 13/14 years old but not senile - have a number of trays to choose from and access outside.

Anyone any anecdotal stories specific to sheepskin? Have removed and cleaned area obviously

OP’s posts: |
AlCalavicci Fri 30-Oct-20 09:14:48

I feel your pain , when I first got my cat he took a little while to litter train and unbeknown to me he decided to use my very dark brow sofa to pee on , like you there was no smell . I dont sit on that sofa so I dont know how long it was there for but found it when I picked up spme clean washing that had been on there for a few days and noticed it was wet then realsaed that the dye from the sofa had run onto a red tshirt making it a horrid muddy brown colour .

I washed the cushon cover ( which was a swine to get back on ) and put a large plastic cover over it so I could protect it and see if he had done it again , foutunatly he never did it again.

reefedsail Fri 30-Oct-20 09:20:52

I bought mine a beautiful 'pet rug' made of sheepskin when she was a kitten. All she ever did was viciously attack it and try to eat it. We've had to hide it. Maybe yours also thinks the rug is a threat and must be subdued, but is going about it a different way?

goisey Fri 30-Oct-20 09:58:25

I think sometimes once they're used a place for a litter tray - that's it - they will always use it.

TreestumpsAndTrampolines Fri 30-Oct-20 10:05:04

We had a massive sheepskin rug they totally ignored, got rid of a sheepskin duster because boycat kept getting confused and spending ages grooming it (his sister is fluffy - basically looks like the sheepskin duster but with a cat face), but the thing that he wouldn't stop peeing on was actually the living room rug (v deep pile). We tried everything, we'd pretty much stopped him but just couldn't get rid of the stink. The same rug that we had in another room he tried to start, but only did it a couple of times, and a thorough soaking with the animal pee cleaning stuff, then vinegar on the pee spots, got rid of the smell - not sure you could be that harsh with a sheepskin though.

Cloudtraffic Fri 30-Oct-20 13:53:44

Thanks guys - seems pointless dry cleaning as suspect he’ll just go back to it! He totally ignored it to lie or sit on - I had image of cosy nights in front of fire for my two kits - now know why it was ignored - smelt like two years worth of litter when I peeled it from floor!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in