Talk

Advanced search

Oh God the cat just ate suet/fat

(13 Posts)
IDontMindMarmite Tue 27-Oct-20 08:50:56

I left a ramekin of cooked suet out on the side (i'd skimmed it off the water from steaming the Christmas pudding). I left the room for a while and returned to the cat having eaten some. He's happy now but bad things await the litter tray soon right?

OP’s posts: |
TheLongRider Tue 27-Oct-20 09:35:58

He might be fine.

IDontMindMarmite Tue 27-Oct-20 09:44:55

Really? I hope so, I can't believe they will eat pure fat!

Inastatus Tue 27-Oct-20 09:47:35

My cat has done this a few times when Ive drained the fat off mince and left it in a dish to solidify. He’s never suffered any ill effects.

TeddyIsaHe Tue 27-Oct-20 09:47:47

Cats are mental. There’s no logic to their whims.

Keep an eye, but the worst should be a gross litter tray.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 27-Oct-20 13:50:21

You can't make your Christmas pudding yet. It's not stir up Sunday for another few weeks!

IDontMindMarmite Tue 27-Oct-20 14:56:27

I have no idea what stir up Sunday is but even if I did, i'm a rebel like that grin

TheLongRider Tue 27-Oct-20 15:29:20

Try and keep mine away from a buttery knife or the butter wrapper. Mine are also partial to any trimmings from steak.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 27-Oct-20 16:15:18

Ours started to eat butter at age 6-7, you have to wonder if dhs habit of not putting the lid back on the tub had something to do with that.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 27-Oct-20 16:48:50

@IDontMindMarmite

Stir-up Sunday is an informal term in Anglican churches for the last Sunday before the season of Advent. It gets its name from the beginning of the collect for the day in the Book of Common Prayer, which begins with the words, "Stir up, we beseech thee, O Lord, the wills of thy faithful people". Wikipedia

Toddlerteaplease Tue 27-Oct-20 16:49:15

It's the week the Christmas puddings are made.

IDontMindMarmite Tue 27-Oct-20 18:23:28

Ah, everyday's a school day. I was brought up CofE and am Atheist now so that's my excuse! It really was a pleasure making it in these grey times.

Inastatus Tue 27-Oct-20 18:26:23

Well I never. I’ve never heard of stir up Sunday either!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in