Talk

Advanced search

Cat intermittently limping on front leg

(3 Posts)
Haggled Tue 20-Oct-20 18:23:10

Dcat had a bit of a wobbly paw back in June, came in holding it up and not weight bearing. I gave it a day and she was then absolutely fine so didn’t take her to the vets.

A couple of times recently, I have noticed her jumping down from the fence and then holding the same paw out, as if she can’t quite bend it, then will limp for a few steps then walk completely normally.

I’ve inspected the leg and paw and she doesn’t protest and I can’t find anything obviously wrong. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and get her looked at. Any ideas what it could be? She’s a rescue, and approx 6 years old, standard moggy.

OP’s posts: |
RamblinRosie Wed 21-Oct-20 01:04:38

Not sure if this is relevant, but Little Missie regularly limps, I’ve had concerned neighbours report it... It only happens when the ground is wet, then she limps on the first paw on the ground!

She just hates getting her feet wet.

Haggled Wed 21-Oct-20 08:58:57

Interesting @RamblinRosie! I can’t remember if the ground was wet when I noticed it last night. However this morning she jumped down from the fence and bolted indoors because it was pouring with rain and no limp or hobbling at all confused

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in