Talk

Advanced search

Is there a trick/hack to make it easier to get the cat food out of the sachets when it's gravy instead of jelly?

(10 Posts)
Username1243 Tue 20-Oct-20 14:41:20

Just that really.
The jelly comes out easy but the gravy mixture is a PITA!
Unfortunately our cat likes the gravy!

Anyone found a clever way of doing it?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Tue 20-Oct-20 14:43:44

I use a teaspoon. Maybe try a long handled one

canigooutyet Tue 20-Oct-20 14:49:11

Roll it out like a toothpaste tube.

InTheLongGrass Tue 20-Oct-20 14:53:44

Fold the packet in half lengthways, and run the packet through your thumb and index finger to get everything into the cat dish..

Username1243 Tue 20-Oct-20 15:01:46

yeah, I've tried both of those approaches.
The spoon one tends to leave a lot of the gravy behind.
The rolling it like a toothpaste approach tends to get more of the gravy out but often misses a piece of meat unless you do it really slowly which is annoying.

Username1243 Tue 20-Oct-20 15:09:30

actually, I've just found quite a good way to do it by putting the sachet on a flat plate and using a flat-headed fish slice to push the contents to the open end.

Antirrhinum Tue 20-Oct-20 15:16:10

I pull the emptied flat packet across the edge of the dish, with the open end facing into the dish. Gets it all out.

FlyingSquid Tue 20-Oct-20 15:19:23

I rinse mine out into the dog’s bowl so as not to waste any, but I can appreciate that that isn’t an option for everyone.

(Dog would happily eat the packet itself, let alone slurping a nice bowl of slightly gravied water.)

madcatladyforever Tue 20-Oct-20 18:30:19

I can get it all out with a desert spoon.

HuggedTheRedwoods Wed 21-Oct-20 20:22:29

Try putting the sachet in a jug of warm water for 30-60 seconds (warm, not hot or it will come out too hot).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in