Talk

Advanced search

8 week kitten feeding schedule

(7 Posts)
gaslitstool Mon 19-Oct-20 09:33:01

Hi
How often would you feed an 8 week kitten? She is a rescue and who knows what she was behind fed before they think adult wet cat food only

I'm giving her two pouches of wet kitten food a day in 4 small meals and left out some kitty kibble and water - does that sound okay?

Also I went to get her some better quality food rather than the whiskas and go kat biscuits

Any brand recommendations for decent cat food? Happy to pay!

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Mon 19-Oct-20 09:38:31

Definitely ditch the go cat - first ingredient is cereals and cats are carnivores.
Pets at home tends to have a wider selection of kitten grain free dry foods that would be better

If you introduce new foods do it gradually over at least 1 week

Mumdiva99 Mon 19-Oct-20 09:55:10

4 small meals a day is what we did at that age. (Although we feed on demand....so some days they were hungrier and some less so....) We gradually went down to 3 meals by 12 weeks (2 wet and 1 dry). Which is what they still have 16 weeks.

dementedpixie Mon 19-Oct-20 09:56:42

I left dry food out all the time (still do) and gave wet a few times a day

gaslitstool Mon 19-Oct-20 14:45:19

Thanks and if you use half a pouch then put the other half in the fridge do you warm it up for them before giving it to them?

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Mon 19-Oct-20 14:58:48

You can do, we’ve always free fed kittens. Ours had a bowl empty miaow that could have woken the dead.

Just like human babies, offer food as a universal panacea.

dementedpixie Mon 19-Oct-20 15:14:13

I've never heated spare cat food

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in