Talk

Advanced search

Adopted by someone's cat

(8 Posts)
Pollypocket89 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:47:24

So I started a thread the other day about a kitten I was hoping to adopt but the foster has now decided to keep her.

They only live a few streets away and this morning I went outside and she was sitting in my garden waiting for me. She jumped into my arms and sat around my neck/shoulder as I pottered in the garden. When I tried to go back inside, she followed and wouldn't leave my side.

I didn't let her in as I really need to remember she's not mine but if she keeps coming back, am I doing anything wrong staying with her?

I've never had a cat before but in any I've experienced, only one has ever been nearly as drawn to me

OP’s posts: |
Bargebill19 Sun 04-Oct-20 12:50:02

Difficult one. She isn’t yours and you know that. However it tends to be that you don’t own cats they own you. From what you’ve said she’s chosen you.
I would err on the side of caution and not feed her, but just talk to her and give her fuss. But I know that’s going to be hard.

Pollypocket89 Sun 04-Oct-20 12:54:56

Yes I'm definitely not going to feed her. It does mean something to me that I've never given her anything/food etc, she just chooses to find me

MrsCatE Mon 05-Oct-20 01:23:58

Finders keepers... Are you sure same kitten? Seems a bit odd they've let a kitten out. Ask the Fosterers' and if not, can you take kitten to be swiped to confirm microchip?

SBTLove Mon 05-Oct-20 04:57:06

If the cat is in foster how does it know where you live? I’m confused, did you have it on foster?

Pollypocket89 Mon 05-Oct-20 06:10:35

It's definitely the same one. I walked home... I have no idea how she did it, do cats follow scent like dogs? The foster lady is literally 2 streets away and has a cat proof garden so let's them in the garden - guess it's not after all!

Bargebill19 Mon 05-Oct-20 09:13:54

Definitely possible.

SBTLove Mon 05-Oct-20 11:31:55

So you went to visit this cat and it’s now turned up in your garden? Have you spoke to fosterer? A young cat and if unneutered shouldn’t be out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in