Talk

Advanced search

Wee on the floor!!

(7 Posts)
hartof Wed 26-Aug-20 13:06:01

Before I start, I've managed to get a sample this morning but the vet doesn't open until 2.30 so I'll be calling as soon as they open.

We've got a 2 year old neutered male house cat. He's wee'd on the floor in the kitchen 5 times now, twice under the dining table 3 times in between the threshold into the hallway. At first I put it down to my flip flops being there - I know it sounds a bit mad but I bought a new pair of glittery flip flops and as soon as I got them out and put them on the floor he was edgy around them and kept jumping on them. So I moved them now he's done it again monday morning and this morning (monday DH just cleaned up without checking with me and only told me after he had done it).

It's hard wood floor, I clean it thoroughly each time with a pet odor neutraliser. He has a clean litter box in the place it's always been. I'm just worrying about what if it's not an infection? How do I get to the bottom of what the issue is? The only change has been me and DD being home all the time but we have been since march and this is new behaviour.

He did this last year but it was just after we moved so as nothing was wrong we put it down to that. I have ordered a feliway plug in but I'm wondering what else I can do?

OP’s posts: |
hartof Wed 26-Aug-20 13:08:38

I meant to add, since monday he's not been himself. He's usually chirping and mioawing at us for attention and runs to the door every night for DH coming home but hes been pretty silent and stays in his bed when DH walks in.

hartof Wed 26-Aug-20 17:18:38

I don't know if anyone will read this he's been given metacam and Catease.

Can I put metacam and catease in the same lik e lix ?

Lua Wed 26-Aug-20 19:55:16

Cats with diabetes sometimes pee outside the boxes, but he seems to young for this?

Is he eating, passing stools?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 26-Aug-20 20:21:26

Yes I would.

hartof Wed 26-Aug-20 20:30:25

Lua

Cats with diabetes sometimes pee outside the boxes, but he seems to young for this?

Is he eating, passing stools?

Yes eating and pooing fine. The vet thinks he has some stress which is causing him urine to have crystals and hurt when he passes it ( I don't know if this has a name she didn't tell me). The only thing I can think of is a cat that sometimes comes into the garden or the front of the house. I suppose it could come more in the night and we wouldn't know.

Lua Thu 27-Aug-20 17:00:46

Hopefully that is it, and nothing serious with his health.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in