Talk

Advanced search

Panacur wormer

(13 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Fri 14-Aug-20 17:47:22

Has anyone ever used the worming paste before? I'm a little confused on the dosage!

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Fri 14-Aug-20 17:51:57

I used the liquid when mine were kittens. What does the info say?

dementedpixie Fri 14-Aug-20 17:55:26

Seems to say that for kittens 1 syringe graduation per kg is given each day for 3 days
And for cats you give 2 syringe graduations per kg but given in just 1 dose.

Mummyoftwo91 Fri 14-Aug-20 17:57:36

Just a little confused on what is classed as one dose! There is lines and groves not sure which to go by

TurtleStar Fri 14-Aug-20 18:05:57

When my puppy was about 10 weeks old we were told to give her 4 lines (2 top, 2 bottom) as one dose, once a day for 3 days. Maybe double check though with your vet to be sure.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 14-Aug-20 18:17:45

One line per dose alternate between top and bottom, Grooves are for movement of wheel and not related to dose.

Mummyoftwo91 Fri 14-Aug-20 22:08:03

vet said one dose, I did call back to clarify but the receptionist said two lines= one dose! I'm so confused lol

Mummyoftwo91 Fri 14-Aug-20 22:29:30

Sorry if I'm being really stupid! This is what the box says, which picture would be one dose?

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 15-Aug-20 07:06:43

Picture two looks the dose has already been used. Based on the actual syringe you have shown I would use picture three as today's dose. I often give the first dose in the surgery to the kitten so the syringe would go home like picture 2.
Panache ( fenbendazole) is very safe drug that has various different dosing rates for different things and you are using it at the bottom end of the range.

Mummyoftwo91 Sat 15-Aug-20 07:29:59

Thank you, I did give her one initial dose and then I questioned myself! That puts my mind at rest I didn't want to give her too much!

Pinkbunny2811 Sat 15-Aug-20 07:42:56

I had the same problem. The leaflet is no good either as it shows one graduation as a groove, not a line. I still don't know. I just hoped for the best and kitties are fine! I think I gave them 1 groove in the end each for 3 days.

Can you not get a tablet? You can give it to them in a putty and they gobble it. No trying to open the mouth etc

Mummyoftwo91 Sat 15-Aug-20 10:14:45

The vet gave me this one as she's still very small and not very heavy! I'd rather give under than too much! She's had a terrible upset stomach so hopefully it does the trick!

Pinkbunny2811 Sat 15-Aug-20 11:11:33

My kitten is the same. She's a sensitive soul. She even got dermatitis on her nose bless her. They wanted me to worm her every month even after this. I've done it every 2 so I don't kill her immune system and she's more than ok.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in