Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Capstar flea tablets on their cats?

(3 Posts)
Shufflebumnessie Wed 22-Jul-20 20:58:35

Every summer we seem to be fighting a losing battle against fleas and ticks on our 3 cats, and this year is no different. One of our cats is an absolute nightmare for getting a spot-on flea treatment and I'm sure she re-infects the other 2. Plus, we have a huge tick population around here so they always seem to have 1 or 2 hanging on.
I've just read about a flea treatment that comes in tablet form and I'm wondering if this might be the answer. Has anyone tried the Capstar tablets? Any thoughts, positive or negative?
None of ours will wear a collar so the Seresto is not an option.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
bluebluezoo Wed 22-Jul-20 21:02:26

Speak to your vet.

Problem is fleas become resistant to different treatments over time. Your vet will have a better handle on what is and isn’t working in your local area.

My vet rotates treatments every 3 months or so as a preparation becomes less effective.

Shufflebumnessie Wed 22-Jul-20 22:13:28

Thanks. I've spoken to our Vet and they pretty much said the Seresto collar is the most effective. Our cats definitely won't wear a collar. They then suggested Advantage spot-on treatment which we've been using but now seems to have very little effect.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in