Talk

Advanced search

A cat keeps bullying our kitten

(4 Posts)
Mummypig2020 Mon 25-May-20 21:33:11

Our dcat hasn’t bothered trying to leave the garden yet. She’s 10 months old and is happy to relax in the garden.

A few days ago while cat was in the garden we could hear her chattering to soemthing behind the fence. She kept doing meowing and doing that noise when they see birds.

The cat behind the fence was going mad! Proper hissing and trying to swipe under the fence.

The last few days the cat has started tormenting dcat by sitting on the wall hissing at her! The cat looks evil 😂😩 always back up and just not very nice.

How we do it coming?

OP’s posts: |
Want2beme Mon 25-May-20 22:14:54

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's cat life. I've got 2 cats that absolutely hate each other and I have to live in a house keeping them separate - nightmare grin. I have no useful suggestions.

violetbunny Tue 26-May-20 08:37:40

Yep cat life indeed. Our two are just over a year old and still pint sized, they get bullied all the time by larger cats in the neighbourhood (in particular an enormous one that lives over the fence). The main thing we do is keep them inside at night, our vet said cats are more likely to get into scraps if we let them roam outside at night.

Oldraver Wed 17-Jun-20 11:25:50

We have a new kit on the block and initially there were a few spats between Ern and the kitten

Now they sit in the garden together and the kitten torments Ern, and eventually will chase him off

Of course when I spoke to the owner they said they were fighting a lot as that's all they see. Their cat being chased home 😀

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in