Talk

Advanced search

My cat was PTS yesterday

(7 Posts)
GrungeBetty Mon 25-May-20 16:21:36

I’m so very sad about it. I had two cats from when they were kittens and lost one last year when she was 16. I was torn about what to do but felt strongly that I had to be with her when she was PTS as it would be unfair to let her die alone. So I stayed and cuddled her as she went to sleep.

My other cat was PTS yesterday and I had to leave because of COVID rules. I’m heartbroken that she’s gone but also that I wasn’t there for her. She was 17 and there was nothing that could be done but I’m devastated.

OP’s posts: |
Idododoidadada Mon 25-May-20 18:10:27

flowers
Im so sorry for your loss, it’s very sad you couldn’t be with her because of covid.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 25-May-20 19:10:04

So sorry. I am shocked that the vet wouldn't let you be with her.

helloPig Mon 25-May-20 20:41:10

i’m so sorry for your loss. our pets give us so much love, and you have given that back by doing the kindest thing you could do at the end.

i once had a beloved dog pts and couldn’t be with him at the end. i felt awful, i know how you’re feeling. it will pass. remember your kitty with love.

Vinorosso74 Mon 25-May-20 20:49:59

So sorry OP. You did the kindest thing, the current situation makes it hard so I understand your upset at not being able to be with her. I'm sure she had lots of love and cuddles with you before. We had to have a cat PTS some years back (he went into respiratory arrest overnight following surgery) and I felt awful neither of us were with him to say goodbye. I did take some comfort that the overnight vet was the one who had seen him over the previous 3 or 4 months and had been very kind to us and him.

Want2beme Mon 25-May-20 22:01:21

So sorry for your loss flowers

GrungeBetty Mon 25-May-20 22:48:46

Thank you for the kind words. x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in