Talk

Advanced search

If you normally work, how are your cats taking lockdown?

(37 Posts)
Deathraystare Sat 04-Apr-20 19:12:02

Are they happy to see you around more or rather pissed off and put out that you are invading 'their' space at a time you don't normally?

OP’s posts: |
Rolypolybabies Sat 04-Apr-20 19:13:06

They just will not stop asking for food!

Deathraystare Sat 04-Apr-20 19:14:28

Ha ha! I think there are some humans like that too!

OP’s posts: |
bruffin Sat 04-Apr-20 19:15:30

My little stray has taken to catching mice and whinging for food. Old cat is hiding upstairs all day avoiding the little one.

NC4Now Sat 04-Apr-20 19:16:44

Mine thinks it’s tea time all the time. They seem to be scrapping with each other more than usual too.

RandomMess Sat 04-Apr-20 19:19:29

Ours are happier because with 3 teens and 2 adults rather than just DH there are enough people to cuddle them all day 🙄

KittenVsBox Sat 04-Apr-20 19:20:23

Girlcat has finally worked out the catflap, and is spending much of her day in the garden.
Boycat is still spending his day in DS2's bed, unperturbed by the addition of a much played drum kit this week.

Notonmyshift Sat 04-Apr-20 19:21:05

Mine just looks at me with utter contempt and then leaves whatever room I've just walked into until it's my normal home time 😂

MamaGee09 Sat 04-Apr-20 19:28:41

Ours Just keeps drawing us dirty looks as if we are invading her space! She isn’t currently perched on the arm of the couch glaring while we are all sitting on her usual spots on the couch! Not impressed at all,

undercoveraessedai Sat 04-Apr-20 19:30:52

Lots of extra cuddles for my two - they love it!

Sounsociable Sat 04-Apr-20 19:31:09

Mine think lock down applies to cats and have barely been out. I'm sure one of them literally goes out for 1 toilet trip per day (keeping essential trips to a minimum!!) and spends the rest of the time on someone's bed.

TreestumpsAndTrampolines Sat 04-Apr-20 19:31:34

Boy cat was scent marking the living room rug for the first couple of weeks - he was a bit discombobulated having everyone in the house all the time.

Thankfully he's calmed that down... although they both prefer it if I stick to routine and go to my bedroom to work for the day, so they can sleep on the bed behind me and not worry about the kids/partner in the rest of the house.

NemophilistRebel Sat 04-Apr-20 19:33:39

Dcat is loving us being home all the time

Extra cuddles, being let in and out willy nilly

He’s living his best life for sure right now

TheLongRider Sat 04-Apr-20 19:33:43

All of mine are delighted that they can sleep all day on our beds. Both of the older boy cats sleep on our bed. Girlcat sleeps on DD's bed and young boycat shuttles between both beds, depending on who he wants to annoy most.

TheEndIsBillNighy Sat 04-Apr-20 19:33:50

Our two are seemingly loving it. One of them follows me everywhere (when she’s awake!!), which is unusual for her...usually she’d tend to follow me outside, but not inside the house, so it’s definitely a new behaviour.

bobbityboop Sat 04-Apr-20 19:36:25

Mine started pissing on my rug too the little twerp. I've ordered some of that "simple solutions enzyme breakdown solution" so get rid of the smell.

I also spent £25 on a luxurious litter tray with a little flap but the litter is suspiciously clean and untouched.

I also think there is a new cat in the neighbourhood which isn't helping matters, she isn't venturing out as much. Good job I love the malicious little gargoyle.

drspouse Sat 04-Apr-20 19:36:38

Mine was bringing in more mice but then giving us the "why have you not gone out to catch your own" look.
But now she's hurt her leg so is laying low.

bellinisurge Sat 04-Apr-20 19:36:58

Mine's an indoor cat anyway. I think we're getting on her nerves. grin

Concerned12345 Sat 04-Apr-20 19:37:46

She's started talking to me again 🤣

islandofdoom Sat 04-Apr-20 19:37:53

My cat is very happy to have us home all the time. She loves company and sitting on laps.

purrswhileheeats Sat 04-Apr-20 19:43:12

Mine still scuttle out of the house at 7.30am and return at 4pm, they don't like change! I've become really needy and keep going outside looking for them during the day but they're nowhere to be seen sad

madrose Sat 04-Apr-20 19:46:45

My are loving it, but I've noticed how much they sleep. Wake up have breakfast - go back to sleep. Wake up for lunch, mooch in the garden and then come back in for a nap. Wake for a snack - play for a bit. Have dinner go back to sleep. Wake up again, demand some attention, play, demand some supper and then go back to sleep.

thecatneuterer Sat 04-Apr-20 19:46:57

@bobbityboop I think that little flap could be the problem. Lots of cats don't like them. I would take it off.

madrose Sat 04-Apr-20 19:47:08

that's my two

RandomMess Sat 04-Apr-20 19:49:09

Personally I think 50% of the cat population are behind it...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in