Talk

Advanced search

Catification Ideas

(6 Posts)
Worried74 Sat 04-Apr-20 13:40:34

Hello, looking for inspiration, show me your catification 😁

OP’s posts: |
bellinisurge Sat 04-Apr-20 13:45:51

I have a cat tower with about an A3 size footprint that is over 7 feet tall. That's for afternoon snoozing and plotting in the sun at the back of the house. And a cat barrel thing at the front window for snoozing and plotting in the morning. And a tall cat scratcher next to the settee so my overlord doesn't scratch the settee.

moonbells Sat 04-Apr-20 20:12:59

We bought tiny bookshelves and metal supports from B&Q and put them up the wall like steps to a doorway. The door has a much larger shelf across its top (4' long) using the wooden surround as part of its support, and a couple of larger matching metal supports. Hot glue gun to stick pieces of carpet tile on the shelves for cats to sit on (and use to stop them sliding off!). Works a treat. They love it.

These little shelves:
www.diy.com/departments/rigga-shelf-board-l-300mm-d-190mm/3663602763765_BQ.prd
Brackets:
www.diy.com/departments/form-antik-black-steel-shelving-bracket-h-200mm-d-200mm/3663602764663_BQ.prd

They can take quite a weight which is just as well given my two 5kg+ cats!

Worried74 Sun 05-Apr-20 10:52:51

Thank you for the ideas, having 5 of varying shapes and sizes I am looking forward to what we can do.

OP’s posts: |
bellinisurge Sun 05-Apr-20 10:58:03

Look to creating a cat superhighway off the ground. With your normal shelves or book cases or whatever. And a nice roosting spot at the end of it.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 05-Apr-20 13:45:55

Those floor to ceiling cat scratching posts look a lot of fun.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in