Sleep in eyes

(5 Posts)
nomorespaghetti Fri 31-Jan-20 21:26:29

We adopted a beautiful sweet boy on Monday, he's 8 months old. It's my first time owning a cat, and I feel as out of my depth as I did when i brought DD home from the hospital for the first time grin He's settling in very well and seems very healthy. He's from Cats Protection so he's had a vet check, and I've registered him with a local vet.

He's had a bit of sleep in his eyes since we got him. I've wiped it away periodically with a wet tissue. His eyes otherwise seem fine, but I'm not sure what's a normal amount? I googled and panicked! It's whiteish, just like I'd get after a sleep, doesn't seem to be bothering him, and i haven't seen him wipe it away during his grooming.

I'll attach a pic. DH laughed and said it's nothing, I do appreciate it looks like nothing, but as a complete newbie please could more experienced cat owners advise? He's booked into the vet in a couple of weeks to get flea/worming stuff, so I could bring that forward if necessary. Thank you, from an anxious new cat parent grin

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Fri 31-Jan-20 22:09:03

Isn’t he a gorgeous boy?. It looks normal. Don’t worry unless it’s profuse or foul smelling or the eyes inflamed.

Allergictoironing Sat 01-Feb-20 00:29:39

Mine get black sleep in the corner of their eyes regularly - I just get it off with my finger when I'm doing a head scritch.

EatsFartsAndLeaves Sat 01-Feb-20 01:02:34

Congratulations!

Don't worry cats are much easier than newborns grin

The sleep looks fine to me.

What's his name? Have you discovered any of his weird habits yet?

nomorespaghetti Sat 01-Feb-20 08:51:05

Thank you all! That's very reassuring smile

He's called Ollie, he's such a sweetie, loves a cuddle and he's settled in so nicely. He's very much a people cat, always wants to be where we are. Love him to bits already!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in