Talk

Advanced search

Sleep in eyes

(5 Posts)
nomorespaghetti Fri 31-Jan-20 21:26:29

We adopted a beautiful sweet boy on Monday, he's 8 months old. It's my first time owning a cat, and I feel as out of my depth as I did when i brought DD home from the hospital for the first time grin He's settling in very well and seems very healthy. He's from Cats Protection so he's had a vet check, and I've registered him with a local vet.

He's had a bit of sleep in his eyes since we got him. I've wiped it away periodically with a wet tissue. His eyes otherwise seem fine, but I'm not sure what's a normal amount? I googled and panicked! It's whiteish, just like I'd get after a sleep, doesn't seem to be bothering him, and i haven't seen him wipe it away during his grooming.

I'll attach a pic. DH laughed and said it's nothing, I do appreciate it looks like nothing, but as a complete newbie please could more experienced cat owners advise? He's booked into the vet in a couple of weeks to get flea/worming stuff, so I could bring that forward if necessary. Thank you, from an anxious new cat parent grin

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 31-Jan-20 22:09:03

Isn’t he a gorgeous boy?. It looks normal. Don’t worry unless it’s profuse or foul smelling or the eyes inflamed.

Allergictoironing Sat 01-Feb-20 00:29:39

Mine get black sleep in the corner of their eyes regularly - I just get it off with my finger when I'm doing a head scritch.

EatsFartsAndLeaves Sat 01-Feb-20 01:02:34

Congratulations!

Don't worry cats are much easier than newborns grin

The sleep looks fine to me.

What's his name? Have you discovered any of his weird habits yet?

nomorespaghetti Sat 01-Feb-20 08:51:05

Thank you all! That's very reassuring smile

He's called Ollie, he's such a sweetie, loves a cuddle and he's settled in so nicely. He's very much a people cat, always wants to be where we are. Love him to bits already!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »