Talk

Advanced search

Outdoor litter tray?

(8 Posts)
PenguindreamsofDraco Sat 28-Dec-19 14:39:21

Our new feline overlord needs one to stop him annoying the neighbours. The one marketed for outside on Amazon has a big overhang and his lordship thinks it beneath him to have to slither in and out. Quite a few of the others seem to have vents in the roof which would let rain straight in. Does anyone have one that works outside?
Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Dec-19 15:09:10

Our late car used my mums herb garden. So that was the end of the herbs!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 28-Dec-19 15:34:38

Why can’t he have a normal indoor tray?

PenguindreamsofDraco Sat 28-Dec-19 15:37:37

Because then I would have a litter tray indoors, which I promised the husband would not be the case as a precondition to getting the cat!

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 28-Dec-19 15:46:30

Would you want to go out in the cold/wet/snow to wee? Your going to have a puddle of wee indoors one day & it will be your own fault.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 28-Dec-19 17:05:38

How would you stop other cats from using it ? In which case your cat might not want to .

My two Stealth Panthers use an indoor tray , I have been through all kinds of permutations . We tried two trays , they like to use just one .
We tried a huge tray (in the cupboard under the stairs with a catdoor)they kept 'missing' .
When DH and I went on holiday , I put the tray in the hall because I didn't want my DC (who were cat sitting) having to search out random turd .

They have a covered tray , a rubber waffle mat that traps any tracking and a deep layer of Cats Best that is scooped several times a day .

They have an area of soil dug over that they ignore . My male will occasionally pooh in my tall plantar if he knows I'm watching and can glare at me ( Yes , I am poohing in your plant pot . Deal with it)

I personally wouldn't leave a cat with no tray
My previous cat never used hers but we always had one for her .

chocolatespiders Sat 28-Dec-19 19:40:35

Could you have a wooden frame and fill with sand or soil?

TheSpottedZebra Sat 28-Dec-19 20:11:33

I used to have an area surrounded by very low shrubs, that I heaped up with sand. Ta daaa! Litter tray. I 'built' it for my cat who liked to toilet outside, when he got poorly and couldn't clear the fence.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in