Talk

Advanced search

Cancelling one of the toddler girls health plans.

(10 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 28-Oct-19 00:45:19

Both girls are on the vets monthly healthcare plan. It was ok when it was £9.99 a month each, but now it's gone up to £12.50 each, I'm wondering if it's worth it. They don't get de flead every month so there would be plenty for cheds to share Snorgs. Snorg is more likely to need the vet more often so I would keep it on so that she gets the free consultations. And pay for Cheddars ad hoc. Does that sound sensible?

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Mon 28-Oct-19 00:45:58

Their insurance is £75 a month and o my going to go up!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 28-Oct-19 08:39:33

I would do that. I cancelled Harry's health plan as they didn't have the products I wanted and they wouldn't let me swap them.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 28-Oct-19 08:43:05

I got Harry's insurance renewal last week - he's only £25 cheaper than my car!

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 28-Oct-19 08:48:24

Does Harry or car cost more in fuel? smile

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 28-Oct-19 09:43:46

I think the car is cheaper for fuel!

viccat Mon 28-Oct-19 10:14:07

Do they give you a discount on other treatments too? At our vet's it's 10% off any treatment if you have the VIP plan (plus 2 free check up consultations a year, annual vaccination, flea & worming treatment).

Other than that, yes I don't see any harm in cancelling. Two of my cats are part of the VIP plan and the other two are not...

Vinorosso74 Mon 28-Oct-19 10:21:28

I definitely wouldn't cancel the insurance but health plan I would have no problem cancelling. If your vet can give you a prescription you can get flea stuff online quite cheaply. I would then put aside some money myself-better in my account than anyone else's!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 28-Oct-19 13:34:07

I'd never cancel the insurance, we've needed that! Magic can share her stuff with cheddar. As I don't do them religiously every month. And consultations are only £20. It does give you a discount on long term medication.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 28-Oct-19 13:35:03

Hamish the car costs my me far less to run than the girls do!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in