Talk

Advanced search

Indorex advice

(3 Posts)
Newcatmum Fri 25-Oct-19 10:38:17

So I have discovered 3 fleas on my 6 month old kitten. I also have an older kitten almost 1. I have bought Advantage spot on and have a can of Indorex on the way tomorrow. My parents will have my children for a few hours tomorrow so I plan to to start my mission then. Just a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me out with ....

Apparently one can does a 3 bedroom house? I don't see how that is possible can anyone confirm?
How exactly do I use it?
Will it be safe for my children to come back into the house once I've sprayed it?
Does it actually work?

I'm totally panicking there's no signs of fleas anywhere other than the 3 I found on the kitten. Is it possible it's not as bad as I think? I know the answer to that one is no but I'm clinging on to a tiny bit of hope. Couldn't find any fleas on bigger cat but she's the only one who goes outside so it's obviously her that brought them in.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
viccat Fri 25-Oct-19 11:34:05

I find the estimate of how much house it covers to be very optimistic, I'd say you need two cans for a whole house.

You can find the manufacturers instructions online but basically you need to ideally do downstairs first and then upstairs after it's safe to be back in the rooms again (or the other way round if you prefer). Put cats in a room well away from the area you're going to spray, close windows, spray everywhere especially the edges of rooms, sofas, cat trees, rugs etc. Wash your hands and go upstairs/outside for a good half an hour while it works. You can then go back and open windows, back door etc. for ventilation. Leave it to air for at least an hour (with you staying away from the rooms still).

I usually allow about 3 hours from when I first sprayed it to letting cats back into the treated rooms.

Repeat same in the other half of the house. You could do the whole house at once if you have somewhere else safe for pets and humans to go for 2-3 hours.

They then recommend you keep hoovering regularly in the week after treating the house, to encourage any dormant fleas to hatch and die.

It is completely safe for humans and cats/other pets after it's dried and the rooms have been properly aired.

Yes it works; I fostered litters of kittens for a rescue and they always came with fleas, so I've used Indorex a couple of times now to ensure there are no fleas anywhere in the house.

Newcatmum Fri 25-Oct-19 11:48:21

viccat

Thank you that is really helpful. One thing I'm worried about is that I don't have a living room door at the moment and it's quite a small house so the spray will travel upstairs. I paid almost the same amount as the spray for Saturday delivery so another can isn't reall plausible at the moment sad. I don't see how one can is going to do all the carpets, sofa and beds tbh but I can't afford another can until next week. If I just keep at it a few times when I can get another can would that be any good? I don't know how long they've had the fleas I comb them regularly and have never found any until I got those 3. My skin is crawling thinking how long this has been going on.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in