Talk

Advanced search

Do i need to leave snacks/milk for professional cat sitter?

(10 Posts)
igotdemons Sat 12-Oct-19 19:20:24

I leave a couple of mugs/teaspoons out near the kettle with the tea and coffee and leave some milk in the fridge when we’re away as I think most cat sitters are out all day doing visits so it’s nice for them to be able to have a hot drink should they want to. I know both my cat sitters appreciated it - although I didn’t think about leaving any snacks!

smoresmores Sat 12-Oct-19 19:08:26

No, not unless it's actually Father Christmas looking after your cats whilst you're away.

Plump82 Sat 12-Oct-19 19:02:55

I did when i last user a sitter but she didn't touch any of it. I'll be using her again and I'll still leave stuff just cause it might be nice to have a tea while shes watching the kittens play.

TenThousandSpoons Sat 12-Oct-19 16:54:37

Definitely not expected.

Mummybares Sat 12-Oct-19 16:53:06

Milk for tea grin
Shes popping in for 40 to 30 mins twice a day. Ok thanks for the replies.

I suppose when a builder or such is doing a job i offer drinks and biscuits.

OP’s posts: |
Brittany2019 Sat 12-Oct-19 16:47:07

Milk? Is the sitter an actual cat?

8stoneloser Sat 12-Oct-19 16:45:44

We don't for our cat sitter. She's being paid to do a job that's max 2 hours a day. If she was house sitting at the same time then maybe the basics.

dementedpixie Sat 12-Oct-19 16:43:21

Are they just visiting daily or staying in the house? I don't leave snacks for the woman that visits my cats while we're away

Toddlerteaplease Sat 12-Oct-19 16:40:30

I don't! I'm
Paying them to do a job. If it was a friend or neighbour doing me a favour, I probably would leave some treats, but not someone who does it for a job.

Mummybares Sat 12-Oct-19 16:38:03

By need i mean is it common practice/expected/polite or not necessary?

Its a professional cat sitter not neighbour or family.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in