Talk

Advanced search

Cat bully or best furrends?

(3 Posts)
ALoadOfTwaddle Thu 12-Sep-19 18:49:52

So, as I was putting the baby to bed, I heard yowling outside the window. After a couple minutes I was able to look out the window to check what was going on. I saw a big cat, twice the size of mine (not hard, she's a dot) lying on our garden a few feet away from my cat. Now, dCat has come home with bites and scratches many a time because she's feisty and very territorial but tiny. So I presumed cat bully and lobbed an old toothbrush to the ground near the big cat to scare them off.

But now I'm wondering whether it was in fact a cat friend. Both looked up when I opened the window. Big cat was lying sunning itself and dCat was sitting in a hunched position a few feet away. When big cat ran off, dCat ran to where it had been and then looked at me.

Did I just scare off dCats's friend?

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Thu 12-Sep-19 19:11:16

Are you sure it's not your cat doing the bullying? If the other cat seems quite relaxed it could be that he wants to be a friend. My usually placid cat sounds like a soul in gourmet when another cat comes into her garden!

ALoadOfTwaddle Thu 12-Sep-19 19:40:35

I don't see how- she's very small. Surely if but had only friendly intentions he'd just wander off in the face of her yowling outrage?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in