Talk

Advanced search

Cat started weeing inside :(

(8 Posts)
Lily2811 Wed 14-Aug-19 14:29:30

I've had my rescue cat for 2 and a half years. He's an indoor cat. He's always been really good at using the litter tray. Went to clean in a room that is not used in the house and he has weed on the bed sad sheets, mattress everything stinks. Why would he have started doing this? Also does anyone have experience in getting cat wee out of a mattress sad

OP’s posts: |
thecatneuterer Wed 14-Aug-19 14:59:03

cystitis? Needs a vet check

Wolfiefan Wed 14-Aug-19 15:02:18

How many litter trays does he have? Definitely a vet check. Any new cats moved close? Is he neutered and how old is he?

Lily2811 Wed 14-Aug-19 15:43:15

No new cats that I know of. He is an indoor cat never goes outside but he does like looking out the window. He's 4 years old and neutured.

Lily2811 Wed 14-Aug-19 15:43:35

He only has one tray

Wolfiefan Wed 14-Aug-19 16:01:42

They should have at least two. Even with one cat. I would check for UTI. Keep trays away from food and water. Somewhere quiet and safe.
The only time our boy did a wee where he shouldn’t the poor boy was poorly.

Expressedways Wed 14-Aug-19 16:05:56

Definitely get him seen by a vet. Try biological washing powder, then bicarbonate of soda for the smell. If the vet rules out medical issues then a second tray near where he’s being going and a Feliway plug in to help with stress. Ensure trays aren’t near food and water.

Amy4344 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:58:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in