Talk

Advanced search

Stray kittens

(6 Posts)
teenmum18 Wed 17-Jul-19 23:52:30

I came across some stray kittens today whilst visiting my auntie. Her neighbours moved and left the cat behind and the cats had 6 kittens. My aunts been feeding the cat and called the rspc but they couldn't find the cat or the kittens after a couple of hours of searching. Tonight they were on her drive and my heart broke for them. Should I go back and rescue them? Can stray kittens become domesticated? I tried to catch them tonight but it was dark and they were fast. I can't sleep tonight thinking about them sad right behind hers is a very busy road.

thecatneuterer Thu 18-Jul-19 00:12:44

Where are you in the country? You need to get a proper rescue involved. If you're in London/Essex/Liverpool/North Wales let me know. If not then probably Cats Protection is your best bet. Otherwise you might find a good local one here: www.catchat.org

They will probably need to be trapped, and of course mum cat needs to be neutered. You really need professional help. It's great that you care. Don't give up on them - keep contacting rescues until you find help.

thecatneuterer Thu 18-Jul-19 00:14:12

And don't try to do anything without professional help - except as a very last resort. If you try to catch the kittens you will probably fail and then mum will get scared and move them.

thecatneuterer Thu 18-Jul-19 00:15:07

As long as your aunt establishes a feeding routine then catching/trapping should be fairly straight forward.

teenmum18 Thu 18-Jul-19 07:54:37

Thank you

thecatneuterer Thu 18-Jul-19 09:26:02

You're not in any of those areas then I take it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »