Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance required- he will bloody walk in at some point, won't he?

(14 Posts)
Normaknowall Tue 16-Jul-19 13:24:50

Yes, it's the cat went out and never came back in thread. SUnday, he went off as usual, has not returned. Has done this once before in summer for 4 days.
When do I start to worry? Chipped, neutered, healthy ginger boy. No sign of a corpse roadside locally, have walked the park boundary calling him early this am, no sign.
Alerted chip people just now, so officially missing. We've lived here a few years now so he knows the area well.

Little bugger.

Gingerkittykat Tue 16-Jul-19 14:50:12

Hoping he wanders back in like nothing has ever happened and demands a big bowl of food to get over his adventures.

HuggedTheRedwoods Tue 16-Jul-19 20:05:55

Hopefully as he's done it before and returned ok there's more chance he'll rock up without a care again. Might be worth sticking up a few posters locally though, get folk to check he's not in their sheds etc. Fingers crossed for you.

Minkies11 Tue 16-Jul-19 20:10:28

Have you got any neighbours? Need to try asking people to check sheds etc. Mine got shut in someone's spare bedroom once the idiot. Also gardens if he's had a brush with a car. Fingers crossed you find him .

Normaknowall Tue 16-Jul-19 21:20:07

Our block has a caretaker so he's checking stairs, car park etc. We have office blocks mainly as neighbours so I've been there asking their security to check car park/goods entrances. There are no houses with gardens near, only flats and a primary school so have rung the bell and asked them to check the playground, there are workmen in. Our road backs onto a massive park so worry he's in there somewhere.

I hope he might still rock in but I'm beginning to fear the worst. Bit tearful now.

Normaknowall Wed 17-Jul-19 08:08:33

Heard cry last night so jumped out of bed, went to back gate of block and called. He peered out from under a car and with more calling came out, squeezed under the gate and ran in to the garden, meowing constantly.
Could strangle him.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:25:03

How is he? Do you think he’s been trapped in somewhere?.

StillMedusa Wed 17-Jul-19 09:51:35

Glad he's back! They are odd creatures smile

Minkies11 Wed 17-Jul-19 11:21:57

Wow so glad for you! I know the mix of rage and relief when they show up. while their humans are crying and tearing their hair out

YetAnotherSpartacus Wed 17-Jul-19 11:31:07

Grounded, I assume?

HuggedTheRedwoods Wed 17-Jul-19 21:03:40

Glad he's back! Sounds like he was bit upset though?

Normaknowall Wed 17-Jul-19 21:30:51

He was very frightened - only once he was in the garden did he stand up and walk, mewing repeatedly. I gritted my teeth and let him out this am, he has been close to home all day and I've just shut him in early so we can ALL get some sleep tonight (except he will undoubtedly whinge meow all to get out!).

HuggedTheRedwoods Wed 17-Jul-19 21:42:11

Ahh, wonder what happened to him? He might surprise you and be happy to stay put inside tonight after his scary adventure. And if he does whinge all night just remind yourself, this time last night you'd be giving anything to hear his whingeing! smile

Fontofnoknowledge Thu 18-Jul-19 18:58:13

Hmm one of mine did this to me for TEN days. I was beside myself. Waltzed in like he had popped out for a stroll.. bastardkitty !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »