Talk

Advanced search

Kitten sleeping arrangements

(6 Posts)
Besom Tue 16-Jul-19 07:34:11

We have a new kitten. He is nothing like my previous cat who was mellow and serene. He is very active and - I don't know how to put this other than in Scots - a bit of a wee bam! I have been sleeping in the same room as him. I also have a dog who whines if not sleeping near me. So I have been trying to sleep by having dog in her crate and kitten rampaging around and sometimes sleeping! Kitten's favourite game has become to charge at the dog's crate to bop her on the nose repeatedly. This doesnt go down too well with the dog or me in the middle of the night! I am getting no sleep which is not good for my mental health from previous experience. So question is- can I leave him at night with toys and kitten proof environment in the living room? Dd is off school so he is getting plenty of attention during the day.

Besom Tue 16-Jul-19 07:43:53

And we tried to tire him out by playing before bed time.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:46:43

Yes you can leave him overnight, leave a few toys out and rotate them so he doesn’t get bored.

He sounds awesome.

fantasmasgoria1 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:53:33

Our new kitten is 4. 5 months old and she is extremely active. Running around, climbing the curtains etc! I have always had cats so expected this and was prepared for it. She has an abundance of toys and plays with them. We keep our bedroom door open and she sleeps with us and gets me up at 5 am! She is absolutely awesome!

LooksBetterWithAFilter Tue 16-Jul-19 08:53:40

We got a kitten last year who was also a total bam literally shredded a pair of curtains in her first few months here.
I did just that put her in the dining room actually. It was kitten proof and her food and litter tray were in there. Made sure she had plenty to keep her amused. The plus point to that is that now she’s just over a year she comes in at night and goes straight to bed she’s in the routine now of night and day.
I also have nice new curtains with only one set of clook marks in them where she tried it and realised it’s not as easy when you aren’t a wee kitten anymore.

Besom Tue 16-Jul-19 17:36:02

Fab. Thanks all. 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »