Talk

Advanced search

Toilet training new kitten

(6 Posts)
MassDebate Sat 13-Jul-19 07:28:07

Help! My new kitten uses his litter tray for wees, but he’s taken to shitting in the utility room sink just a few feet away. Not the worst place you might think as at least it’s easily cleaned up, but then this morning he used the bathroom floor (covering the bath mat in the process) instead. At least it’s not on carpet, but how do I train him to poo in the tray and not on random surfaces?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 13-Jul-19 09:50:03

Some cats like two trays, one for wees and one for poo.

MassDebate Sat 13-Jul-19 18:57:36

Thanks Fluffy, giving that a try 🤞🏻

barnyb Sat 13-Jul-19 22:49:54

Hey I clean the litter tray out every time my cat does anything. We use bags and a small amount of litter. My cat will not go in the same tray again once he's used it. It has to be changed before he will go again deffo try a second tray if this is something you don't want to do. Also the smell is gross if you don't clear the tray every time. It seems wasteful with the bags but it's just so unhygienic to have old litter hanging about xxx

Wolfiefan Sat 13-Jul-19 22:53:21

The ideal is a tray per cat plus a spare!

MassDebate Sun 14-Jul-19 17:34:14

Thanks barnyb have been keeping it clean so that isn’t an issue. Weirdly I put down a second tray which he has ignored, but he’s done two poos in the other tray today. Am hopeful he’s cracked it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »