Talk

Advanced search

Pilling the cat: 100 easy steps

(660 Posts)
Supersimpkin Sun 30-Jun-19 19:25:27

No.

Allergictoironing Sun 30-Jun-19 20:39:56

Is this the follow up to Baked Potatoes?

Supersimpkin Sun 30-Jun-19 21:06:25

Yes grin I thought FluffyCloudland77 was talking to me not YesQueen

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 30-Jun-19 21:22:15

Maybe it’s the heat? I’m sure Gerald Durrell wrote most animals like aniseed flavouring.

Which would be just like a cat tbh.

YesQueen Sun 30-Jun-19 21:25:05

Ollie has demanded some cream from my pudding. Seems he's feeling better

Guiltypleasures001 Sun 30-Jun-19 21:26:01

Just marking my place, and checking in on Ollie, and of course the usual kitty suspects grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 30-Jun-19 21:36:12

Our male cat Dexter glared at DH when he opened the french door and did a really weird twitchy thing with his left eye like Captain Darling in "Blackadder Goes Forth" grin

Female cat Tarot decided to creep us out by staring intently at ^nothing at all& on the wall .
("That'll learn them, they'll have Derek Acorah in before you can say knife" she thinks )

Turns out to be a refection from a glass vase .

And as it turns out , I got their worming tablets in them no issue <<smug>>

Supersimpkin Sun 30-Jun-19 23:24:28

Crack open the gin for that on 70. Bloody well done.

Supersimpkin Sun 30-Jun-19 23:26:44

Here's some light convalescent reading for Olli.

Weezol Mon 01-Jul-19 02:18:49

Normal Ollie sevice has been resumed - phew!

Supersimpkin I usually get my shopping delivered* but your post on the previous thread made me pause for thought. I don't actually want a bloke, but it'd be nice to knock one back once every few years.

*and am not at all trying to work out one particular delivery chap's shift pattern. At all.

Supersimpkin Mon 01-Jul-19 09:02:11

Weezol offer him a diet coke when the weather is hot. Worked on Nurse Lee grin

YesQueen Mon 01-Jul-19 11:34:08

Woken up by being drooled on. Lots of "GOOD FOOD" demands. He seems perkier

Papergirl1968 Mon 01-Jul-19 20:25:02

Found you all after trying and failing to post “how’s ollie?” on the previous thread!
Glad to see he is doing much better smile

YesQueen Mon 01-Jul-19 21:01:22

Vets have sent me a letter inviting him for a dental check
Me to Ollie "want your fang checked?"
Ollie hmmconfused only got one mama

Supersimpkin Mon 01-Jul-19 22:11:23

Yay Papergirl 1968 how is fudgesome naughty Matt.

Stuff the dental check.

Papergirl1968 Mon 01-Jul-19 22:34:08

He is awesome, thanks, Lana.
And may we enquire as to Mr C? Healthy and happy, we hope?

Supersimpkin Mon 01-Jul-19 23:12:38

A very spirited cat. Fed six times, shouted 'I don't remember ordering THAT' three of those times.

I know how scuttling, uniformed maids at the whim of neurotic billionaires feel.

Might have a little cuddle in a mo to break the slightly strained atmosphere. Hope you're enjoying Matt and The Belly of Glory.

YesQueen Mon 01-Jul-19 23:27:35

Chunk barely fits on the cushion

Weezol Mon 01-Jul-19 23:33:14

That's not his fault - you are obviously providing incorrectly sized cushions.

YesQueen Mon 01-Jul-19 23:36:52

@Weezol that's exactly what he said as he glared at me

Papergirl1968 Mon 01-Jul-19 23:43:54

Matt is in the doghouse for not coming in again. I’m tired and I want to go to bed! His highness has vanished...

Allergictoironing Tue 02-Jul-19 08:58:18

I am in favour this week, as I'm not working. So I can attend to their every whim - cuddles NOW (Boycat), come in sitting room NOW (Girlcat), Scritch me NOW - oh no DON'T TOUCH ME (Girlcat), sit on sofa while I stare at you unblinking NOW (Girlcat), cuddles NOW (Boycat again).

Pissed off about the job though. Was quite happy, doing well, then I get told the agency had a dispute with the employer & withdrew all temp staff. Can't get hold of anyone who knows the ins and outs, and by the nature of temp contracts can't go back there with a different agency.

Papergirl1968 Tue 02-Jul-19 11:40:18

Catering (or rather cat-ering) to their every whim sounds about right.
Dirty little stop out here miaowed at the back door at the top of his voice when he condescended to return home at about midnight. I think he was expecting the red carpet to have been rolled out for him, and the servant to be opening the door as he approached. You know when important people approach the door of 10 Downing Street and done unseen flunky opens it from the inside? Or when the royal family turns to go in from the balcony of Buck House and the french windows open seemingly by themselves? That’s what Matt expects...hmm
Sorry about the job, Allergic, hope you get something sorted soon.

Supersimpkin Tue 02-Jul-19 19:02:24

Sitting here stroking Mr C's soft fur, lit up silvery and chocolate, as he sits in a sunbeam. Flicky tail of happiness.

YesQueen Tue 02-Jul-19 19:33:03

Some naughty cat pinched all the cream. No idea who it was grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »