Talk

Advanced search

Hand hold needed. My baby girl is in the vets after collapsing

(165 Posts)
cricketmum84 Sat 29-Jun-19 09:00:04

I have a beautiful baby girl cat, she's not quite 2 yet. She has single pawedly got me through the last year or so of MH issues just be being the best and most loving cat I've ever known. I love her more than most people.

She came in about 9pm last night and was a bit quiet and off her food. Came down this morning and she went to jump on the windowsill but couldn't get up, she then collapsed and couldn't walk and was trying to crawl away from me but couldn't get up.

I rushed her to the emergency vets, by which time she could walk again but seemed really dazed and confused. Normally at the vets she is constantly trying to climb up onto me and hide but she just laid on the table with her eyes half closed.

They have kept her in for observation and tests.

Please please keep everything crossed that she is going to be ok. I really don't think I could cope with losing her.

mummymayhem18 Thu 08-Aug-19 22:24:12

That's brilliant news 🐱👍☺️ x

cricketmum84 Sun 18-Aug-19 10:37:24

Good news from the check up yesterday.

All kidney levels are now within normal ranges. They were really happy with how she looks and her weight gain.

One more blood test in a month and if still all ok she can be taken off treatment smile and life expectancy is the same as any other cat!!!

The vets are really really shocked at her recovery. When you think just how close we came to losing her.

She's back to climbing the flipping curtains again too!!!! Highly annoying but also lovely to see her back to normal!!

YetAnotherSpartacus Sun 18-Aug-19 11:05:27

YAY!!! Lovely news! Thank you for sharing, although your lack of photos is a negative brownie point.

cricketmum84 Sun 18-Aug-19 11:29:56

@YetAnotherSpartacus just for you smile

MustardScreams Sun 18-Aug-19 11:43:42

Oh op I’ve just read the whole thread and your beautiful Ivy cat is such an amazing little thing. I could read the desperation in your first post, and I am so glad she’s pulled through and fighting fit. Fingers crossed her next results are positive and she’s back to full health. Lovely thread!

YetAnotherSpartacus Sun 18-Aug-19 12:37:36

Gorgeous girl Ivy! You keep well and do go giving your human Mummy more scares!

HuggedTheRedwoods Sun 18-Aug-19 13:35:09

Great update - its so nice to read such a good outcome from you being so worried at the outset.

YetAnotherSpartacus Sun 18-Aug-19 13:41:03

That should have read 'don't go' blush

mummymayhem18 Sun 18-Aug-19 21:46:06

That's brilliant news ☺️👍🐱

cricketmum84 Sat 21-Sep-19 10:55:15

Final blood tests done and have all come back normal again smile just a urine test left to do to check there is no protein in there and then she will be signed off from treatment!!

The "operation feed up Ivycat" seems to have gone a bit far though as she has gained a kilo in a month which is a hell of a lot for a very small cat blush so she is on a diet for a little while...

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 21-Sep-19 11:29:41

Well done Ivy! I'm so pleased.

Vinorosso74 Sat 21-Sep-19 12:14:23

Brilliant update!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 21-Sep-19 12:48:05

That's absolutely wonderful news. Good luck with the diet!

sheshootssheimplores Sat 21-Sep-19 12:57:43

Omg I e only just seen this thread and I’m crying! What a wonderful update. I’m so happy for you both ♥️😍😺

cricketmum84 Sun 22-Sep-19 23:26:13

Ah thanks guys smile here is a pic of her naughty, healthy, cheeky little face for you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »