Talk

Advanced search

Poorly cat advice.

(6 Posts)
cherryblossomgin Wed 26-Jun-19 12:16:55

I have the vet booked and DH is on his way to take us to the vets. She seems ok but isn't herself today.

I woke up to my cat being sick on sunday, put it down to the food she had upsetting her stomach, she was fine in the afternoon its happened before with cat soup. This morning she isn't eating or drinking and has been sick alot. The not eating is very strange for her as she eats her breakfast quite and saves her biscuits for later. I heard her meowing and retching and ran through, she was really distressed. I found lots of patches off sick that is foam. She isn't a lap cat and prefers her own space but today she is sitting next to me and snoozing alot. The past couple of days she has been more active then normal as night. Today She is trying to do her usual playing but doesn't seem to have the energy.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Vinorosso74 Wed 26-Jun-19 18:17:41

Hopefully you'll have now seen the vet. Hope your cat is ok.

moonpiggle Wed 26-Jun-19 19:54:15

Could she have possibly eaten something outside that has really upset her stomach? Sorry only thing I can think of, i hope she gets on ok at the vets. Do you have an update?

cherryblossomgin Wed 26-Jun-19 21:00:10

Shes doing better bloods came back normal, and no sign of a blockage. The only thing they found was high temp. She was given injections to stop the sickness. appetite hasnt returned but she has had a few bites of food. She is back at the vet tomorrow to see if temp is better. She is an indoor but eats bugs so might be a reaction or a stomach bug.

moonpiggle Thu 27-Jun-19 08:25:06

Oh bless her, i can understand with the eating bugs as my indoor does this too, especially woodlouse! Hope she is better soon and if shes having food even if its very small amounts that is a positive sign she is on the mend x

cherryblossomgin Fri 28-Jun-19 11:36:41

Her temp is down and she is eating some food, she seems better. If she is sick again we are to take her back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in