Talk

Advanced search

Reintegrating after stay in cattery

(6 Posts)
IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Sat 22-Jun-19 05:40:13

We have had to put our cat into a cattery for a week due to being out of our house for renovation work. It’s a place where she’s kept in her own private place with only human interaction, and is the first time we’ve ever sent her somewhere since adopting her 5 years ago as a 2 yr old. We’ve moved houses once since getting her.

She does get anxiety and pees on soft furnishing when left alone for more than a few days so if we’re away we have people coming to see her regularly or someone actually come and stay.

Do I need to take any steps when she she comes home - keep her inside for a set amount of time or anything? I hate having had to put her in a cattery at all and a week feels like a long time

OP’s posts: |
Lonecatwithkitten Sat 22-Jun-19 06:04:53

I would get a Feliway if you have had building work, but apart from that straight back to normal is what most people do.

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Sat 22-Jun-19 06:15:19

We’ve had feliway plugged in throughout the last 6 months of building work!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 22-Jun-19 06:28:01

Mine settle straight back in. Presumably Snorg gets over her annoyance at removed from her heated castle bed on the journey home!

AnnaMagnani Sat 22-Jun-19 12:53:52

Mine come back, are a bit shouty and want some extra cuddles but other than that it's like they have never been away.

We just let them do their own thing - let's face it, they do that anyway.

IJumpedAboardAPirateShip Sat 22-Jun-19 19:52:36

Ok Thankyou - just wasn’t sure if I should keep her inside for a few days or let her return to roaming in and out as normal

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in