Talk

Advanced search

Complementary cat food?

(5 Posts)
Caspianberg Mon 17-Jun-19 10:01:21

We seem to have the worlds most fussy cats.

After trying half of Zooplus, amazon and the supermarkets, the only wet food they will both eat reliably is 'miamor - fine fillets'. Its rather pricy, but They have turned their noses up at anything else.

I have seen its 'complementary', rather than 'complete' cat food. They also eat dried Applaws biscuits which are 'complete'. Is this ok to continue using seeing as they eat the biscuits also? They eat roughly one 100g sachet or tin per day each, ie one shared between them morning and night.

Otherwise, any recommendations on 'fillet' type cat food that is complete? They won't eat pate, paste, gravy, etc

OP’s posts: |
Vinorosso74 Mon 17-Jun-19 10:20:00

Have you tried Thrive? That's slightly more shredded but it looks like what it is and is a complete food. I buy in bulk online but vets often sell individual tins.
I think the complementary foods are ok to sometimes but maybe not daily.

dementedpixie Tue 18-Jun-19 13:19:32

They are ok as long as you feed alongside a complete food.

chickhonhoneybabe Tue 18-Jun-19 13:26:24

My posh fussy cat that would live only on a diet of fresh prawns and chicken, will eat thrive (which is expensive) and sainsburys delicious recipes Fish Collection at £6.50 a box of 12. There’s also one with chicken at £7 but she won’t eat the chicken variety...

Caspianberg Tue 18-Jun-19 14:38:09

Unfortunately I am not in the Uk so there is no sainsburys and our zooplus only stocks Thrive snacks, not actual meals.

I will keep hunting locally, but glad to hear it shouldn't be too bad if eating a complete dry alongside

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in