Talk

Advanced search

Holiday plans

(5 Posts)
Giraffeski Sun 16-Jun-19 20:19:16

I've got a lovely cat of just under a year old, we have been away on holiday once since we got her. At that point she was quite new to going outside so we kept her in the house for the ten days, with people coming in every day to feed and play with her. She was very affectionate and clingy when we got back but seemed ok. She followed me from room to room for at least a week though.

Since then she has got very used to being in and out all day- we let her out in the morning and then when its dark we turn the cat flat to in only, so she is in all night.

I've asked our lovely cleaner to come in twice a day while we are away, so that she can have access to outside in between, do we think this will be ok?
I have just read the other thread where people were advising to close the cat flap while they were away and now I'm worried we are doing the wrong thing. It would be closed at night!!!
Pictures of said cat attached for your viewing pleasure.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sun 16-Jun-19 20:44:18

We've gone away a couple of times and let the cats go in and out via the catflap as usual. We had a catsitter coming in twice a day to feed/ play with them. We are doing the same this year in 2 weeks. We only kept them in the first year as we had no catflap.

Giraffeski Sun 16-Jun-19 22:22:06

And they didn't abandon you for someone else?! We didn't have a catflap when we went away in March either, I had forgotten that.

Pipandmum Sun 16-Jun-19 22:25:35

I think cats are a bit more loyal than that! As long as she’s being fed she’ll keep coming home.

Giraffeski Sun 16-Jun-19 22:41:02

DH is very relaxed about it but I just keep imagining her wandering the house wondering where we are sadgrin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in