Talk

Advanced search

Cat - tender tail. Possible fight.

(9 Posts)
Minkies11 Tue 11-Jun-19 14:00:16

Bless her smile hope she is settling back at home on a convenient lap / favourite spot.

Wolfiefan Tue 11-Jun-19 13:07:29

Oh bless. Hope she’s got some good pain relief and feels better soon.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 11-Jun-19 13:06:05

Poor baby. I guess she under house arrest for a while? Please give her a treat for me.

RMarieClaire Tue 11-Jun-19 12:56:01

Took her to the vets and they think it's just a sprain not a break, thank goodness. Poor angel was in lots of pain though and very distressed - had an accident in her basket on the way home. Heartbreaking sad

OP’s posts: |
YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 11-Jun-19 12:25:53

How is she?

Minkies11 Mon 10-Jun-19 21:10:12

It could be a strain near the base of her tail if she is reluctant to hold it up. Good that's she's otherwise ok. Have to admit I stood on my poor boys tail once bad cat mother and he was fine the next day after many dirty looks.

RMarieClaire Mon 10-Jun-19 21:00:39

Thanks @Minkies11 - we've locked her in. It's weird because yesterday she was jumping on beds and today she must have jumped the fence to get out of the garden. Perhaps she's aggravated an injury though. Poor baby.

Minkies11 Mon 10-Jun-19 20:46:38

Definately vet - she could have badly strained or broken some of the bones in her tail or hurt her back. Can you keep her in until you get an appointment tomorrow? Mine have a sixth sense when it's Vet day and go and hide in the woods blush

RMarieClaire Mon 10-Jun-19 20:42:05

We think our cat may have been in a fight yesterday. We heard yowling across the fence then she ran in and was flighty the rest of the day. No blood or visible marks. But this evening we've noticed her tail looks a bit odd. She's not holding it up at all, and is sensitive when we touch it.

She's otherwise fine - normal appetite and happy being stroked.

Any ideas what it might be? I'm planning to take her into the vet tomorrow if I can get an appointment but it's not always easy to get one quickly.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in