Talk

Advanced search

Cat isn't coming home

(12 Posts)
everythingisstillawesome Wed 29-May-19 20:16:48

Hi

We have a well loved cat. She is quite sociable and likes company. There is often no one in the house during the day and she has quite a habit of visiting local shops. (We live down he road from a small parade). She always comes home for her tea and generally sleeps on my bed.
We went away over the BH weekend, left the cat at home with an automatic feeder (this is usual). Came home Monday afternoon, cat not at home straightaway but returned early evening. She spent the evening snoozing on the sofa, lots of fuss from me and kids, all normal. On Tuesday, I went to work as usual.
The cat doesn't seem to have come home since.
I know she's ok as I've been in contact with a couple of places she tends to visit during the day and they've seen her as normal. But now (evening) is the time she's generally always at home and no cat.
She's quite pretty and confident (too much so really) and may well have charmed herself into another household. The kids and I miss her. I hope she hasn't jettisoned us.
Not sure what I'm hoping to gain by posting tbh, any reassuring stories about cats that wander then return would be fab.

OP’s posts: |
Thefemalekeithrichards Wed 29-May-19 20:21:23

This must be so worrying for you - I hate my big old bruiser being out after dark! I hope she comes home soon 😿

Thefemalekeithrichards Wed 29-May-19 20:22:43

How long has she been gone? Maybe if it is more than 24 hours go on the local cat protection website and see if there are any notices about missing cats. Thoughts are with you x

everythingisstillawesome Wed 29-May-19 20:32:00

Thank you! I haven't seen her since yesterday morning but she's been at a regular haunt this lunchtime (a lovely lady at one of the local shops sent me a pic of her sunning herself). So, seems she's fine but maybe has an alternative source of food/shelter as she hasn't touched the food I left out this morning.

Thefemalekeithrichards Wed 29-May-19 20:44:55

Aaaw well that’s good she is safe but if it was me I would go to her location with the cat carrier and bring her home she may be disorientated. Bringing her home to her familiar smells and ‘pad’ would make her happy I think- cats thrive on routine and her routine has been disrupted so probably best to restore it ASAFP 😼 I’m no expert of course but I would want my fur buddy in my home right now 😻

viccat Wed 29-May-19 20:48:31

Does she have a catflap or otherwise constant access back to your home whenever she wants?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 29-May-19 21:11:59

I think you’ve pissed her off there, I’d use a cattery next time. Mine likes company so he goes to a cattery.

everythingisstillawesome Wed 29-May-19 21:13:45

Right I've been walking around and calling with no joy. The place where she was at lunchtime is a shop so closed now.

There is a restaurant on the corner and she was there less than an hour ago apparently. I've asked them to phone me if she turns up again.

She does have a microchip catflap which I've set so she can't go out again if she does come back.

I'll go out and keep checking/calling (reinforcing my glamorous cat lady image). Hopefully we shall be reunited soon

everythingisstillawesome Wed 29-May-19 21:14:32

Next time she's going in the cattery!

everythingisstillawesome Thu 30-May-19 07:26:06

The cat is back, hurrah, but only after I walked round the streets at 5am and lured her in with treats. Now not sure whether to keep her under house arrest for a bit....kids delighted to see her

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-May-19 07:51:08

I would. Glad she’s back though!

She’d obviously decided you’d suffered enough.

Thefemalekeithrichards Thu 30-May-19 20:59:43

Glad she is home...yes I think she needs to be on lockdown for a bit 😻

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in