Talk

Advanced search

So, we have cats ... :)

(29 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 19-May-19 15:46:56

At the moment , no pictures. I have told them that this is breaking 'LitterBox Law' but they are steadfast . So you'll have to take my word for it that they are lovely , and imagine them as you say "Welcome to the LitterBox" smile

We have two young adult littermates, (I'll call them QC -queencat and TC-tomcat)

Neutered , jet black.

QC came in, moseyed about a while , ate ,peed in the tray and now under the sofa
TC went straight under a corner table . He is very shy and we know he'll take time to make a move .

We haven't had a feline for many years . Did a lot of online searching and checking rescues , kept coming back to this pair . They ticked the boxes .

So, they are understandably confused and eyeing us up before they make any decisions about us.

By tomorrow they should have emptied the food bowls and left us a Thank You in the litter grin

OP’s posts: |
Madcats Sun 19-May-19 15:56:30

Are they very quiet? One of my neighbours has all black lads who are stealthily silent. They would just suddenly appear out of nowhere!

It may take them a week or two to settle in, but have fun.

Chancewouldbeafinethlng Sun 19-May-19 16:01:01

Oh please take pics as soon as you can!
I’m sure they will come round in time, they just need time for a good sniff around. Have you got any dreamies??
My old black cat was far from quiet btw, he had such a loud meow!

Chocolatecake12 Sun 19-May-19 16:01:17

We’ll let you off the photos as long as you post some ASAP!
Enjoy having kitties in the house again, there’s nothing quite like it!

Summerorjustmaybe Sun 19-May-19 16:05:47

Are you needing suggestions from Qualified Dcat Slaves for names?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 19-May-19 16:14:34

Thank You - we named them (which I'm sure they will ignore grin ) Dexter and Tarot .

The female is now out from under the sofa , had a drink, munched the biscuits that her brother had then went off to find the bowl.

He is still wary , under the table looking out.

The trays and bowls are under the dining room table , to give them privacy (we don't use the table anyway)

It is a tad un-nerving to see a cat walk blithely across the room though , it's a bit like have I left the door open and my NDN cat wandered in , then I think no it's mine! .

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 19-May-19 18:27:55

This is the female (Tarot) the braver sibling

Dexter is a bit more pointy faced but pretty well identical, so think of this photo x2 grin

They have been here less than 6 hours, it is very early days

agnurse Sun 19-May-19 19:05:39

She VERY pretty girl! A lovely mini-panther!

Some cats take a little longer to settle than others. When I adopted my little Froggie she was shy and hid for a couple of days, then started to turn into Velcro Kitty when I was home.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 20-May-19 10:17:46

I had two identical black cats. There were times I couldn't tell them apart. I sent them to the cattery with a page of instructions on how to tell them apart. (Essential as one of them
Was on medication)

quietbutdetermined Mon 20-May-19 17:01:26

She is a beauty. I love black cats

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 20-May-19 17:31:55

She has just done a mankin' big deposit in her tray (about 30seconds after I scooped the clumped wee)

Whoever recommended "Cat's Best Litter"

Thank You x a million grin

I made my DS sleep in the room last night , he said they were both jumping about on the table which is a good sign. Our boy would've seen the food and hopefully eaten when it was quiet .

Ours have literally one white hair between them grin and he has much bigger , rounder yellowy eyes (and bolts even if you look at him the wrong way)

thecatneuterer Mon 20-May-19 20:33:53

They're lovely OP. @Toddlerteaplease wouldn't it have been easier just to put a collar on one of them for the duration?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 20-May-19 22:21:01

I did think of that. But because they are long haired they get horrendous matts under the collar. Fortunately Fatty was a lot lighter than Snorg. So they just weighed her to check!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 20-May-19 22:21:46

Black cats are just the best!

TheLongRider Fri 24-May-19 23:28:38

How are they now OP. Are you completely under the claw?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 25-May-19 08:38:00

Are you completely under the claw?

Oh Yes grin

They are settling nicely
They love a laser light to chase ( especially the male , he is the shy one but it gets him out from under the sofa to dance about )
The female is onto everything, every chair , the sofa, the table .

They are both getting into their routine of food times and usually use their litter trays about five minutes after I walk in (thanks cats grin )

DH does any tray cleans from overnight , I do later ones ( "Well I won't put the scoop away just yet " when the other cat does that digging action and I know what awaits in the other tray)

This morning we opened the door to the hall so they're tanking round the stairs and the small bedroom ,

Our male cat tends to show himself in the evening but we know he's out in the day (CatCam) on the furniture .He's more confident with DH but I was allowed to stroke his back and side of face last night .

So we're making small cat steps

Chocmallows Sat 25-May-19 08:42:04

They've got you in training already. Currently assessing how to make the most of their home and slaves grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 27-May-19 21:27:40

They are prowling round the house now , we try to keep some of the doors closed to not overwhelm them.
My DD said she's like to be woken up by one of them, so when I saw Tarot on the landing , I opened DD bedroom door.....

She slept 5 hours on DD bed , pretending to watch Brooklyn 99 but probably just enjoying the peace and DD company grin

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Tue 28-May-19 08:21:42

Delighted your cats are settling in and clearly taking over the house. A great choice getting two black ones grin.
May we have more photos please?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 28-May-19 16:52:16

"Sooo, Mr DeMille , I am ready for my close up ....."

Our little boy Dexter giving my DD the Big Big Eyes

And our little girl Tarot , keeping her eyes as tightly shut as possible , lounging on DD bed .
grin

Wolfiefan Tue 28-May-19 16:53:46

Oh my that face!!! I’m so glad you’ve found them. Gorgeous puss cats.

codenameduchess Tue 28-May-19 16:55:41

Oh my they are gorgeous!! 😍😍

Black cats are so beautiful

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Tue 28-May-19 18:15:01

They certainly look at home now. Can you always tell the difference at a glance? Our two youngsters do a good job of imitating each other (particularly when asleep)

RosaWaiting Tue 28-May-19 18:18:20

loving the name Tarot!

agnurse Tue 28-May-19 18:39:35

Him good boy! "Henlo. I can has Dreamies? Or attention? Please?" Gorgeous mini-panthers.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in