Talk

Advanced search

Cat tick

(6 Posts)
SinjunRivers Mon 13-May-19 10:44:25

So my one year old boy has a tick on his head.
Any tips for removing it?
He's very scratchy if you try to do anything to him. If his brother had a tick it would be a doddle.
I value my arms and of course don't want to stress him out but I need to get it off him.

OP’s posts: |
Confusedbeetle Mon 13-May-19 10:48:48

You can get tweezers from the vet that nip in front of the mouth parts to make sure you dont leave any behind. I have just used eyebrow tweezer without any problem. The cat needs to be wrapped in a towel and held like a baby by one person and the second move in very quickly. Or take it to the vet. Apparently you can get drops to kill them

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Mon 13-May-19 10:48:57

Tick twister from any pet shop.
Dead easy to use and very quick.

SinjunRivers Mon 13-May-19 10:52:11

Thanks, a towel sounds like a good idea. I've got tick tweezers.
He's really scratchy and like Houdini when cornered. If I ask the vet to do it I will still have to hold him because she doesn't have a nurse (she's a lone vet who does treatment in your home)

SinjunRivers Mon 13-May-19 14:14:49

Mission accomplished, I tempted him with a pill pocket and scruffed him while his dad got the tick

agnurse Mon 13-May-19 15:43:14

Obviously you have already fixed the problem, but for next time (and in case anyone else is reading this thread and finds this helpful) a pillowcase is also a good idea, if you need to access the front end of the cat. I wouldn't recommend it for accessing the back end.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in