Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear...I think Ophie is going to have to do an Obie...

(7 Posts)
StillMedusa Mon 08-Apr-19 23:19:09

She has always been a good girl... nightly grooming and no shave of shame like her brother.
However she has turned! She lets us groom her back, tummy, neck...but will NOT let us touch her hips and shaggy back legs. Nothing wrong with her whatsoever she has just decided no. So of course she now has horrible to-the-skin matts there.

They have to go. I shall make her a vet appointmet tomorrow... if I'm lucky they can whip up her hips with a shaver and she'll just look a bit daft, if not... well she shouldn't have laughed at Obie!

Here she is, guarding the garden under the street light... my queen of the night!

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Tue 09-Apr-19 09:07:58

That's not a cat, it's a lion! Poor Ophie. I did laugh out loud when I read your post.

adulthumanwolf Tue 09-Apr-19 09:30:52

She's so beautiful. How's Obie? Still slutting around all the houses?

StillMedusa Tue 09-Apr-19 13:41:01

Yup grin He swans in, smelling beautifully of other women's perfume, stuffs his face, has a quick cuddle and a nap and then slopes off again.

If he were human I'd have divorced him years ago!!!!!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Apr-19 15:29:10

Has she seen obie refusing to be groomed and learnt it from him?.

StillMedusa Tue 09-Apr-19 19:18:52

Well I popped to the vets (I changed vets after the £300 charge to shave Obie.. my old vert retired and Medivet took over and hoiked all the prices) and the new one was lovely, and removed the worst matts there and then, much to Ophie's disgust!

She also gave her a check up, and it looks like she needs a bit of dental work doing to remove tartar so she'll be going back for that soon. She won't be pleased...she isn't speaking to me this evening grin!

BlueSkiesLies Tue 09-Apr-19 21:11:45

Glad she avoided the shave of shame like obie

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in