Talk

Advanced search

Is keeping a cat litter tray in the bathroom ok?

(13 Posts)
delilabell Sun 07-Apr-19 14:35:01

We used to keep it in the porch but is the bathroom ok?

OP’s posts: |
FallenSky Sun 07-Apr-19 14:36:37

We've always had ours in the bathroom. Seems the most logical place really, it's where all the pee and poo goes! grin

DonaldTramp Sun 07-Apr-19 14:37:25

Why would it not be? Providing there aren't long periods when the door is shut when someone else is using the bathroom of course.

SpamChaudFroid Sun 07-Apr-19 14:38:49

I would say it's fine, (I have one in the bedroom at the moment blush)

You might want to leave one down in the old area for a bit, in case kitty has other ideas.

delilabell Sun 07-Apr-19 15:07:57

Thanks everyone! I think it's because we have a bath in there? Bonkers I know!
Porch is only next to the bathroom so shouldn't take her long.
It just means it's out the way of toddler and gives us room in the porch.
Thanks again!

OP’s posts: |
viccat Sun 07-Apr-19 15:08:16

It's fine but you will need to keep the door open of course and as a pp mentions, if the bathroom is occupied for long periods of time your cat won't have access...

CheeryByeNow Sun 07-Apr-19 15:12:41

I wouldn't contemplate having a litter tray in my bathrooms. If I had to have one, it would be in the utility room downstairs. Failing this, it would be as close to a downstairs back door as I could get it

However I appreciate not everyone has a utility room. But just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean that you shouldn't.

madcatladyforever Sun 07-Apr-19 15:15:02

I have mine in a recess in the dining room which I never use. It would be in the bathroom but the bathroom is too tiny.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 07-Apr-19 15:33:31

Wish I could keep mine there. It has to go in the kitchen!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 07-Apr-19 16:27:08

We keep ours in the bathroom, it's the logical place to me (if you've got room of course). DH has just finished replacing our bathroom and designed it with space for the litter tray!

StillMedusa Mon 08-Apr-19 23:26:47

We have one in the downstairs wet room ( extra large loo room) and until recently, one on the landing...not ideal but our elderly Portia kept peeing there so we had to!

MissPollyHadADolly19 Tue 09-Apr-19 00:03:10

Mine used to be in the kitchen by the back door but moved it into the bathroom as for some strange reason my clumsy cat ended up tipping it over confused so it's been put in a corner inbetween the toilet, wall and sink!! Un-tippable nowgrin

Ski37 Thu 11-Apr-19 20:14:06

Mine is in the downstairs toilet, it fits in nicely between the toilet and the wall. Catface only ‘uses’ it occasionally to go in and kick the litter out all over the floor when I’ve upset him somehow- he much prefers to use the flowerbed in the back garden (I should be thankful that at least he’s only going in MY garden as far as I know 😳!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in