Talk

Advanced search

Cat limping?

(8 Posts)
Ollivander84 Sun 27-Jan-19 16:07:36

Horse here too... blush
He's asleep snoring and purring so I'm happy to watch and wait I think unless it suddenly gets worse. He's probably pulled something from doing a standing start

OP’s posts: |
Megan2018 Sun 27-Jan-19 16:03:08

The abscess cost us £79. Annoyingly not enough to warrant insurance claim!
I know what you mean about vets bills though, 3 cats (1 elderly and on medication) small flock of bantam hens and a horse. The vet gets far too much from us every month.

Ollivander84 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:23:37

To add I'm trying to avoid the vet as he cost me £££ having all his teeth removed a few weeks ago, and we were there on Friday night having a steroid jab and flea treatment (£50) grin

Ollivander84 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:18:04

Checked his paw, run hand firmly down leg and nothing. He's gone to his igloo and is kneading away confused happily walking and limping but not putting as much weight on it

Megan2018 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:16:33

Vet said mine would have been bitten about 5 days before any symptoms started, so its impossible to know.
Odds are landed badly, have you checked for any missing/broken claws? Or anything in the paw like glass?

Ollivander84 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:12:48

He's screaming/eating/walking but literally went from zooming to limp in 5 seconds flat confused
He's definitely not been hit by a car/fighting/fallen as I watched him outside the whole time

Megan2018 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:11:13

Mine did this last week, turned out to be an abscess caused by a cat bite. It was swollen but nothing visible until vet shaved it.

It came on so suddenly too! He didn’t stop eating or running about though.

I’d keep an eye today and vet tomorrow if still limping/worse.

We had to do antibiotics and painkillers, so glad I took him, it was horrible when it burst!

Ollivander84 Sun 27-Jan-19 15:06:53

So Ollie was fine, I've just watched him zoom across the close and then go out of sight. He then came to the door and is limping. Has just troughed a bowl of food and is happy to run while limping confused so I'm presuming it's not vet right now and more watch and wait?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in