Talk

Advanced search

Oops, just dropped Snorg into the bin!

(13 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Thu 17-Jan-19 21:16:26

Trying to catch madam to brush her and do her eye drops. She did not want to be caught and wriggled so much she went head first into the waste paper bin. She's fine and groomed etc but I'm probably in trouble!

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Thu 17-Jan-19 21:17:57

Forgot pics

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 18-Jan-19 09:55:43

I don't wish to appear mean, but is Snorg bright enough to realise she's been binned and energetic enough to harbour a grudge Cheddar on the other hand and possibly darling Fatty (RIP) too?

MycatsaPirate Fri 18-Jan-19 10:10:54

It is so funny when they do stuff like that but they don't like it if we laugh.

Pixie was a tiny thing when we took her in last year and used to jump from the floor in the kitchen onto the recycling bin lid and then up onto the corner of the worktop.

Unfortunately she has grown considerably and put on weight since being spayed. She jumped on the lid three times and went straight into the bin (the lid then closes and we are all hysterical with laughter) before learning that she is too big to do this now.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 18-Jan-19 11:49:22

@YetAnotherSpartacus, no fortunately I don't think she is. She'll always be my special girl as she was the photo I fell in love with on Facebook. And even more precious after nearly dying two years ago.
I just wish I could tell her that she can have as many cuddles as cheddar, but she doesn't get it!

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 18-Jan-19 11:53:12

Darling, darling Snorg Maiden smile. She is such a precious and beautiful girl.

YahBasic Fri 18-Jan-19 11:57:23

We used to have a little waste bin in the bathroom that was never used that had a spinny lid type thing.

When the cats were tiny (3-4 weeks), they used to tip the bin on its side and crawl in and out using the flap.

A few weeks later, I hear a commotion in the bathroom - one had tried to get through the flap, got stuck and was running round the bathroom with a bin lid stuck round his waist grin

Toddlerteaplease Fri 18-Jan-19 21:33:54

Fatty used to tip the bin in my bedroom on its side and go fishing for discarded thermometer covers. I was gobsmacked she had the brains to work out where I put them. She wasn't the brightest. She also used to fish out sweet wrappers and if have to chase her round the house and get them out of her mouth. That was a nice job!

ScreamingValenta Fri 18-Jan-19 23:36:12

We had a kitchen bin with a swing lid, and my dear old boy used to hang with one paw and fish into the bin with the other. Then the dog would come into the kitchen and hang round expectantly to share the spoils!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 19-Jan-19 10:13:54

She's got her own back. Just trod in a particularly sticky poo nugget that was next to the litter tray!

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 19-Jan-19 10:16:25

Good girl, Snorg!

ScreamingValenta Sat 19-Jan-19 10:25:43

The joy of cats! smile

Toddlerteaplease Sat 19-Jan-19 11:16:22

I know it was hers as the rest of it has been buried. Cheddar never buried hers!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in