Talk

Advanced search

My Cat's Snoring

(7 Posts)
CSIblonde Wed 26-Dec-18 19:10:54

My new tabby girl snores, loudly! It starts off like a small nasal trumpet then progresses to rumbling & snorts (like Jack Nicholson snoring at the music recital in Witches of Eastwick! ). I've also noticed that when awake she often sounds like she's got a tiny grunt/wheeze in her chest when she's breathing ? Clicks probably wrong word, but I'm wondering if she's OK??

OP’s posts: |
LEMtheoriginal Wed 26-Dec-18 19:13:06

I would get her checked out. Might have cat flu. Not the end of the world bit something to be aware of

mimibunz Wed 26-Dec-18 19:14:08

Most of my cats have snored but didn’t have the light wheeze. Have her checked out by her vet just to be safe.

ScreamingBadSanta Wed 26-Dec-18 19:19:13

My dear old boy snored right from kittenhood until the end of his days. I lost him just before Christmas - at a grand old age. Get your cat checked out to make sure nothing is wrong, and then embrace the snoring - you will learn to love the sound. I miss it now he's gone.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 26-Dec-18 19:21:20

Yes snoring is fine but the wheeze is a concern

Toddlerteaplease Wed 26-Dec-18 19:28:59

One of mine has always snored really loudly. But she's a Persian with a tiny nose and a very flat face. The worst bit is when she's snoring really loudly and then stops. I get a dirty look if I switch on the light to check she's ok!

Allergictoironing Wed 26-Dec-18 20:51:38

Boycat does a sort of sigh combined with a grunt, usually when he's very nearly asleep & blissed out but sometimes when he's completely zonked out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in