Talk

Advanced search

What to do with my kittens at night?

(8 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Tue 18-Dec-18 16:46:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
retainertrainer Tue 18-Dec-18 17:33:31

Ours are a similar age and we shut them in the spare bedroom at night. It’s nice and cosy in there and they can’t get into any mischief! I’d put them in the kitchen if I were you.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 18-Dec-18 17:46:06

Op, good luck. One of mine is 6 and she's let me have a full nights sleep once since I got her in August!

Dollymixture22 Tue 18-Dec-18 18:33:29

My kitten went through this phase at about that age. After a while I picked her up and took her downstairs if she woke me up. No stroking or playing. Did this a few nights and then she stopped! She wakes me at 5am most mornings - but I get up at 6 so I’m fine with her borrowing under the sheets at that time.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 18-Dec-18 18:49:23

I lock mine in the kitchen but he can’t go out overnight. He knows the routine.

If he’s ill dh sleeps in the spare room and the cat sleeps with me.

SmellTheGlove Tue 18-Dec-18 19:29:53

I'm in a similar position right now. 2 six month old kittens who have been with us for 3 weeks and an older (15) cat. Kittens are still in the spare bedroom at night and big cat has the run of the house. She used to go out anytime via her catflap as she was used to that in her old house (rescue) but I don't want the kittens out at night so catflap will be shut at night from now on. I'm keen to get the kittens out of the spare room mainly so I can get their litter tray out and put it downstairs in the utility. They stink!!!! Their poos are ungodly. But I also don't want kittens playing all over the house all night and probably stressing older cat who I think is enjoying the peace and quiet! Ladyintheradiator how is your older cat with your kittens? Mine is just about tolerating but hissing if they get too close. Much staring and standing...

LadyintheRadiator Tue 18-Dec-18 20:29:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
retainertrainer Tue 18-Dec-18 21:06:29

Give them a little treat every time you put them in the kitchen at night, just a bit of cheese or something-they’ll make a positive association with it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in