Talk

Advanced search

FFS bloody stupid cat!!! 🐍

(6 Posts)
goforkyourself Sat 24-Nov-18 14:25:20

Just got home and no sign of dcat, unusual as he usually appears when he hears my car. Went outside to find him gleefully playing with a snake shock As soon as I approached him he picked it up and ran off with it so there was a bit of a scuffle ie me chasing him round shouting at him. He dropped it a few times then it latched on to his cheek and he went into panic mode, spinning round trying to shake it off. I somehow managed to get it off him, grabbed him and shoved him in the house. Snake has vanished (wasn't sure if it was sick or injured as it seemed to be frozen in fear) and dcat appears to be none the worse so it mustn't have got its fangs into him. No idea if it was venomous or not (I'm not in the UK), it was a skinny little thing about 18 inches long.

Jeez what a bloody fright I got, just managed to calm down now with the help of a stiff drink Dcat now back outside like this confused looking for snakey.

OP’s posts: |
Wauden Sat 24-Nov-18 14:28:43

Probably something like a grass snake, important to wildlife. No fangs, though.
Auto correct came up with "no fags"!!!

mimibunz Sat 24-Nov-18 14:31:05

Geez, I hope you aren’t in Oz!

SillyPsychicAcid Sat 24-Nov-18 14:33:13

To be honest, you’re the bloody stupid one.

Cat was doing fine til you intervened.

goforkyourself Sat 24-Nov-18 14:42:16

No not in Oz!

You're right Silly, I thought afterwards it was the worst thing to do but it was a pure reflex trying to get him off it. We have a few venomous snakes here and a few of my friends have lost cats or had them at the vets seriously ill.

OP’s posts: |
Toddlerteaplease Sat 24-Nov-18 22:55:24

I suspect I'd have reacted in exactly the same way op!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in