Talk

Advanced search

The mouse catcher

(7 Posts)
InACloudOfGlitter Mon 19-Nov-18 08:02:54

My cat keeps bringing back mice / voles / shrews. We live near a lot of fields and don't have a problem with mice.
He used to just leave them on the porch or in the back garden, but now he's started bringing them indoors. Twice a day everyday 🤢.
He's fed well, regularly wormed etc, so I think he just does it for fun, I don't want to stop him but is there a way to stop him bringing them indoors because the kids keep picking them up!

I've read this back and it sounds a bit stupid, but one can hope 🤞

OP’s posts: |
twilightcafe Mon 19-Nov-18 14:47:58

Following with interest after having to dispose of a headless mouse last night.

Dontgiveamonkeys1350 Mon 19-Nov-18 20:20:09

My cat never bought them in. Ever. Until I installed a cat flap.

Before hand he was let in through windows and doors.

He doesn’t have the best balance so not sure if that had something to do with it.

But as soon as the cat flap was installed the mice were being bought in. I know keep the door to the conservatory shut during the day. And If I’m out for a longer period of time I shut the kitchen door which I do at night time so he can’t acces the whole of the house so keeps the mice confined if he does bring them in

Dontgiveamonkeys1350 Mon 19-Nov-18 20:20:52

Sorry. Meant to say the cat flap is in the conservatory.

InACloudOfGlitter Tue 20-Nov-18 07:11:42

I think that's what we'll have to do, shut the doors into the house and just allow him in the kitchen when he comes in. Or let him in by the windows.

I suppose it will be easier to clean up from the kitchen floor than scrubbing mouse blood out of the carpet 🤢

OP’s posts: |
Dontgiveamonkeys1350 Tue 20-Nov-18 08:40:47

Ha. Yes. It’s a pain. I tend to just keep him in if I can when I’m out. But I do have to have a look at his hiding places if he has been out when I’m out.

Summer will he harder with the doors open all the time

PCPlumsTruncheon Tue 20-Nov-18 11:00:37

I wish our cats bloody would catch mice as we have loads of the buggers - old house.
DCat1 literally just sat there looking at a mouse who was sitting right next to his food.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in