Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with a Modkat?

(26 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 09:46:06

How do you clean the liners?

OP’s posts: |
Aprilislonggone Fri 19-Oct-18 09:49:05

I was assuming a dcat in jeans /parka tbh!!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 11:06:55

gringrin

serbska Fri 19-Oct-18 13:56:45

I take it outside and spray some water in from the hosp pipe, give it a good scrub with a sponge and tip the water down the drain.

You oculd do it in the bath if no outside space and worried about getting water all over your floor.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 14:22:08

I already wash the box out in the shower so can do that. Do you use any products on it?

Weezol Fri 19-Oct-18 14:24:32

Another one expecting a photo of a cat in a button down and a Harrington.

M0gg Fri 19-Oct-18 14:26:59

I wash it in the bath with disinfectant grin

Out of interest, what litter do you use? I've got Greenwoods and got it because it doesn't hurt if it tracks and you stand on it, but find it tracks really far through the house in to living room etc, little flakes must get caught between their toes.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 14:33:20

I use Intersand classic. It's really good. And doesn't smell. Except after cheddar has used it as she doesn't bury her horrendous poo!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 14:33:43

It's like sand and lasts ages.

Aprilislonggone Fri 19-Oct-18 15:17:19

Would this do??

M0gg Fri 19-Oct-18 15:40:28

I've been trying to find something with low tracking but to be fair I'm not bothered if it comes out of the box in the bathroom as long as it doesn't get all over the house, so more interested in something that won't stick to their feet for very long. I'll have a look at intersand thank you!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 15:41:21

It doesn't track a huge amount. But I have an anti tracking mat as well.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 15:41:40

@Aprilislonggone do you still have all your fingers?

Aprilislonggone Fri 19-Oct-18 15:55:12

My dd dressed him!! Apparently he was very cooperative!!
2 years on he is far too far for doll's clothes now!!

SushiMonster Fri 19-Oct-18 16:55:13

I use oko cat's best litter and have a tracking mat - not much gets tracked off the mat.

Sometimes use a bit of dilute detol disinfectant.

M0gg Fri 19-Oct-18 17:16:21

Oh I was on the verge of buying that Sushi but then I read loads of reviews saying it's awful for tracking! Invested in a new tracking mat from zooplus yesterday too.

I'm due to have our first baby soon so I'm most keen for it not to be tracked through on to bed and sofa etc, we've got a little Hoover to run round the bathroom (five times a bloody day).

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 19-Oct-18 19:25:20

We ditched the liners on ours as they would never attach to the sides properly and the cat used to pull them away and piss between the liner and the box.

I hate the fucking thing - it is large, unwieldy, heavy and a bitch to clean and change. I wash it out with soap powder in the shower. We use Catsan, but not for any particular reason. We did try one where you throw the clumps down the loo but it blocked the loo and was really expensive. It was lovely and soft on Pussy's paws though.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 20:07:20

Which model have you got scadenfreud?

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 19-Oct-18 20:22:29

I've no idea. I didn't know they did different models.

MrsChollySawcutt Fri 19-Oct-18 20:26:05

We have two modkats. I used to wash the liner at the same time as the tray using hot water and spray cleaner.

I've binned the liners now as one of my three cats didn't like them. Haven't noticed any ill effects from not using them and actually it's easier to wash and dry the tray now.

M0gg Fri 19-Oct-18 20:42:58

I've found in the last that over time the plastic itself starts to smell in covered trays so I like the liners because I know that won't happen. Good job given the price.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 19-Oct-18 22:16:23

The flip is much more difficult to pick up and move than my previous one. Might try it without the liner. Cheddar seems to scratch at it. Never had liners in previous trays

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 20-Oct-18 10:38:46

It's not the Flip, it's the traditional one that we have. It came with a liner that was like an Ikea bag material, that attached (or rather didn't) with velcro dots.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 20-Oct-18 12:31:05

I'd love to have that one. But cheddar doesn't get the concept of top entry! It's ridiculously overpriced as well.

M0gg Sat 20-Oct-18 14:04:59

I have this one. It doesn't use Velcro though. The bags have wire round the top and just fit snugly in the box.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in