Talk

Advanced search

What's up with Shotscat?

(5 Posts)
ShotsFired Sun 14-Oct-18 14:50:19

Hmmm, on Friday night Shotscat (15yo) jumped onto my bed and stayed there sleeping soundly till about 6pm Saturday night - this is unusually long. She ate a few mouthfuls of her wet food and some biscuits when she came down.
(She usually has 2 sachets of food a day + biscuits)

Today she has been up and about but again only eaten a few mouthfuls of biscuits, ignoring her wet food completely. She snaffled a treat stick just as normal though, so I don't think she's eaten something rotten outside. And I didn't see any sign of dental awkwardness at all with the biscuits or treat.

Other than that her behaviour and physical state seems totally normal.
I have just plugged in a new Feliway as the old one ran out a week or so ago, but there have been no other changes in her life/diet/environment at all.

Given the vet can hardly get near her for her jabs, let alone anything more, I am reluctant to put her through an exam unnecessarily, but if course if she continues to not eat I'll have to. I might block off the catflap and put a litter tray out for a while though, just to see.

(I am hoping to tempt fate by posting and she'll prove she was just being a lazy, picky cowbag, but any suggestions welcome, thanks)

OP’s posts: |
startingafresh1 Sun 14-Oct-18 22:41:23

Hmm maybe she's feeling a little off colour so doesn't fancy eating much, but isn't so poorly thrown she's not tempted by really yummy stuff?

Keeping him indoors sounds like a good plan. You could watch out for eating, drinking and monitor his use of litter tray.....

Even though he hates the vet they can examine your cat in a way that you can't: taking temperature, feeling whether his bladder, stomach and intestines are full or empty. So I'd consider taking him if he doesn't perk up....

fishfingersandketchup Sun 14-Oct-18 22:50:05

Dental problems? Very common in older cats. Hope she's okflowers

Want2beme Sun 14-Oct-18 22:54:02

A cat not eating properly isn't very good. I'd take her top the vet.

Even though he hates the vet they can examine your cat in a way that you can't: taking temperature, feeling whether his bladder, stomach and intestines are full or empty. So I'd consider taking him if he doesn't perk up.... As startingafresh1 has said.

ShotsFired Mon 26-Nov-18 16:33:01

By jiminy, I managed to miss the fact that you had all kindly replied to me a few weeks ago.

I ended up taking her to the vet. there was nothing physically wrong with her, and as startingafresh1 mentioned, she must have had some kind of bug leaving her feeling rough.

Vet gave her an injection (anti-sickness). I don't know what magic was in that syringe, but by that night, she was leaping about the place and playing games with me again! It was like night and day difference!

Since then she had a booster shot of the same stuff, and all has been well, fingers crossed. I'm well aware she's getting to be an older lady, so this was a glimpse of potential future reality. But for now, she is a very happy and contented little ShotsCat.

Thanks for the support flowers

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in